52. A Failed Attempt 💕

At night, Bondita plans to escape

At night, Bondita plans to escape. She wraps a blanket over her and tries to sneak out of her room but she finds the door lock. Tarabai had locked the door as places like Heeramandi usually got their business at night and Bondita might find out about it. Bondita worries and looks at the small window in her room. She opens it and realises that her room was on first floor and she can't directly jump from the window. She opens the cupboards and fetches out the sarees and chunnis from in there. She ties them and used them to climb down. Bondita jumps off the rope she made and looks around. Everybody seemed busy in the main hall as she could hear loud music from in there. She was about to escape from the gate when she felt a tug on her hand. She turns back, her heart beating erratically.

There stood Suraiya with an evil smirk. She pulls Bondita harshly in the main hall. She throws her in between all the guests. Bondita looks around and scrunches her face in disgust looking at all drunk men around her laughing at her. She tries to stand up but Suraiyaa pushes her down. Tarabai stands to shout at Suraiya, but before it, Suraiya revealed Bondita's truth. She says, "Aapki Noor ko pata chal gai hai yaha ki sachhai, aur woh aapki, yaha ki malkin ki naak ke niche se bhagne ki koshish kar rahi thi! Woh toh maine usse pakad liya warna aapki Noor yaha se kabki faraar ho chuki hoti!"

Tarabai angrily marches towards Bondita, she pulls her up and says, "Tujhe itna pyaar diya, achhe se rakha, aur tune yeh kara hamare saath. Tu Tarabai ko dhokha dene chali thi? Sharam nhi aai tujhe? Tujhe yeh nhi pata ki yaha Tarabai ka raaj chalta hai, yaha ek parinda bhi par nhi maar sakta." Bondita pulls her hand away and says, "Kesi sharam, khudko iss nark se bachane mai mujhe koi sharam nhi aai, aur naa hi aaegi, aap kitni bhi koshish kar le, par mujhe bandh kar nhi rakh paengi. Meri dugga maa mere saath hai, woh mujhe surakshit rakhegi!" Tarabai laughs and says," Baatein toh bohot badi badi kar leti hai, tujhe dekhkar na bilkul Rasiya ki yaad aati hai, jab woh aai thi, tab usme bhi bilkul esa hi fitoor tha, par dekho, aaj bhi woh Tarabai ki janjeero se bandhi hai!"

Men, who were drunk, shout," Kya natak chal raha hai yaha Tarabai, ham yaha kis kaam ke liye aaye hai aur aap kya kar rahi hai! Nach gana, dikhaiye, manoranjan kijiye." One of the man walks near Bondita and says," Itni sundar ladki Rasiya se pehle nhi dekhi aapke kothe par. Iska hi kuch namoona dikha dijiye." He raises his hand to touch Bondita but instead gets greeted with a tight slap on his face. He looks at Bondita and gets scared looking at the human form of devi standing in front of him. Bondita was a feisty one, but nobody ever imagined looking at her like that. Her eyes spoke fury, the one that could burn anything coming near her. Her blood vessels were poking out through her forehead and tears of fury and helplessness were dropping from her eyes.

Bondita bends down and picks him up by his collar and straightaway punches him on his nose. His nose starts to bleed, and before Bondita could hit him more, Tarabai and other ladies pulled her away. Tarabai was about to hit Bondita when she holds her hand in mid air. She jerks her hand away and points finger at her. She says," Tumne iss baar bohot galat ladki se panga liya hai, dekh lena Tarabai, Bondita nhi chodegi tumhe!" Tarabai gets stunned for a moment but gains her posture back and says," Itna guroor, itna saahas, waah. Bhul gayi kya tu ki tu chodi hui aurat hai. Tere pati ne chod diya tujhe dusri ladki ke liye. Aur tere jesi chodi hui aurto ka bhavishya inhi heeramandi ki galiyon mai simta hota hai. Jab tumhare pati ne apna hak chod diya tumpar, toh dusre admiyon ka tumhare upar hak jamana kyu galat hai?"