10. Rituals 💕

Bondita steps down after getting ready

Bondita steps down after getting ready. She hears everybody gossiping. She tells someone," Jaaiye na, unhe bula laiye." Nobody moves a inch and she says," Aapko dar Lag raha hai, koi baat nhi mai bulati hu". Anirudh enters and says," Mai aa gaya hu, mujhe bulane ki zarurat nhi hai." He passes a small smile to Bondita and sits beside her. Anirudh says irked, to the guests," Aaiye, rasam bataiye. Har rasam bareeki se honi chahiye. Kuch galti na ho." Saurav's mum explains the rasam. Bondita listens intently and says," Agar woh jeet gaye toh mai unke piche chalungi, aur agar mai peeche chalungi toh aage kese badungi?" Trilochan glares at her and she shuts her mouth. Anirudh looks at her proudly. Bondita enjoys the rasam. Bondita wins and she squeals in happiness. She says," Ab toh mai jeet gai. Ab yeh mere peeche peeche chalenge." Everybody looks at her wide eyed and she gets quiet. Anirudh laughs at her breaking the eerie silence. She joins him and they both laugh.

Saurav's mother asks the couple to leave a hand print on a white cloth. They both do as instructed. Shubhra now lifts Bondita's pallu a little and asks Anirudh to fill her hairline. Anirudh takes a gold coin and fills her hairline. Some Sindoor falls on her nose. The ladies say," Choti Malkin ki naak par Sindoor gira hai, yani chote malik choti malkin se khoob pyaar karenge. Unke bandhan ko koi tod nhi payega. Unka prem din bar din badega." This creates an awkward silence in the hall because now the whole village knew about their marriage's truth.

The guests leave and Trilochan says to the couple," Anirudh aur Bahu, kal Dira Gaman ke liye tumhe bahu ke mayke jaana hoga. Zyada dur nhi hai, toh motor gadi se chale jana. Thik hai?" Both nod. They get occupied in their works.

At night Bondita goes in her room. She removes all the jewellery and opens her hair. She takes out a simple saree and changes in it. She takes her clothes and arranges it in the wardrobe. She shifts Anirudh's clothes in one side of wardrobe and hers, in other side. At that moment Anirudh enters the room. He gives a small smile to Bondita. Bondita smiles back at him and he says," Tum yahi so jana, mai study mai so jaunga. Yeh takiya aur chaddar lekar jaa raha hu." Bondita nods and he picks up his pillow and blanket. He moves to his study. On the way, he sees his Kaka, Baba and Maa sitting in the hall.

His Baba sees him with the pillow and he smirks. Shubhra walks up to him and says," Anirudh beta, yeh takiya lekar kaha jaa rahe ho?" He says," Maa, woh study mai sone jaa raha hu." Trilochan fumes and says," Jab ghar mai tumhara itna bada kamra hai, toh study mai kyu so rahe ho?" Anirudh says," Kaka, mere kamre mai Bondita hai. Mai kese so sakta hu waha?" Trilochan Kaka says," Patni hai woh tumhari, uske saath ek hi kamre mai rahoge na?". Anirudh says, his voice a bit raised," Kaka, kitni baar kahu, patni nhi hai woh meri, sirf zimmedari hai, sirf zimmedari. Hamare bich esa koi rishta nhi hai. Hum ek dusre ke dost bhi nhi hai."

Bondita comes down with the empty water jug and hears their conversation. She feels sad on hearing Anirudh, she knew that this marriage was forced upon them, but still it hurted her when he said that. She was sad that even after today's conversation he didn't consider her as a friend.

Binoy looks at her dejected face and says," Ha, baat toh sahi hai, aakhir Saudamini hi tumhari dost hai, us hi se tumhari shadi hone wali thi, Tum kese reh sakte ho ek anjaan ladki ke saath? Hum jaante hai woh ladki sirf ek bojh hai. Sirf bojh." Anirudh was about to object when he heard the chiming of anklets. He turned back and saw Bondita running upstairs. He understood that she heard Binoy. He was about to follow her when he heard Trilochan say," Agar patni nhi maan na tha toh shadi kyu kari. Hamare ghar mai yu pati patni ka alag alag rehna nahi chalega. Yeh hamara akhri faisla hai. Jaao apne kamre mai." All the elders left before Anirudh could revert back.

Anirudh goes back in his room,he decided to apologise to Bondita. He enters the room slowly and saw Bondita sleeping on the couch. The room was pitch dark. He decides to talk to Bondita the next morning. Bondita slowly opens her eyes and sighs seeing Anirudh sleeping on the bed.

She gets up and goes to the cupboard to take out her parent's picture. She opens the cupboard and was startled by a loud scream. She looks back terrified and sees her husband laughing freely. She turns on the light and glares at him. He keeps laughing which makes her laugh too. Seeing him laugh she starts laughing too. They both laugh looking at each other. They both calm down after a minute or so. Anirudh holds her hand and makes her sit. She sits beside him and he says, "Bondita, niche joh kuch bhi hua, use dil par mat lena. Baba kuch bhi kehte hai. Hmm?" Bondita slowly withdraws back her hand and nods. She was still hurt as he didn't deny what he himself said.

Saudamini sneaks in Roy Choudhury Haveli. Mai bhi toh dekhu, kya kar rahe hai Anirudh aur uski patni. She thinks. She moves towards Anirudh's room and hears them laughing. She goes and sees Anirudh happy and laughing. She thinks Anirudh is happy after marriage, he doesn’t care for me. She sees him hold Bondita's hand and making her sit on the bed. She thinks that Anirudh is romancing with his wife. She fumes in anger. She hears someone coming and leaves for her house.

Bondita goes back to the couch and sleeps before Anirudh can say anything. He sleeps back on his bed.

In the morning, Sampoorna and Saurav come to take elder's blessings. Bondita comes out of the kitchen and runs seeing Sampoorna. She squeals in excitement and takes Sampoorna in a bear hug. Sampoorna pats her head affectionately. Anirudh comes down hearing Bondita's voice, he greats Saurav and Sampoorna. Saurav and Sampoorna tell that they are leaving for Sampoorna's mayka. Anirudh ask them to accompany him and Bondita. They agree and all of them leave to pack their bags.

Precap - Anirudh finds out about the letter.

I am really sorry for the delay. I was quite busy because of the festival. I hope you like today's part. Next part will include the revelation of the letter. Stay tuned.