s i x t y - f o u r

Chapter; Sixty-Four

Imaginary World

Hailey walked out of the mansion door and was hit with the cold breeze of December. She wrapped the cardigan around her body tightly and let out a sigh making the air around her face blurry. How did the past few months go? That was a simple question to answer.

There were days when Hailey felt okay. When she was at the library or by herself. But there were days when she felt as lonely as ever. The constant guilt of letting her friends go killed her slowly very day. Rumours had it that Harry, Ron and Hermione were spotted, but she stopped believing in those a long time ago.

Hope was something she needed but lacked the most.

"Potter look it's snowing!" Said the excited voice of Draco Malfoy interrupting her train of thoughts. Hailey looked up at the gloomy sky to see the small snowflakes falling from the sky. The boy stuck his tongue out letting some snowfall on it. "It tastes like it's going to snow a lot this year."

"You're weird," Hailey said shaking her head.

"And once again. You woke up and chose bitterness. Really appreciate that."

"No worries." She said with a sarcastic smile making him roll his eyes. Hailey sighed looking up once again. There was a time when she wanted answers. Why did Voldemort keep her alive? But she never thought knowing the answer would be an even bigger problem. The decisions were now in her hand. She knows how things started and how things must end. But accepting the truth was the hardest part.

"You alright there?" Draco asked interrupting her once again. "You have this look on your face. It's like... You're sad."

"I'm always sad Malfoy," Hailey said walking away leaving him behind.

Christmas rolled in much late that year. Well, it was still on 25th December, but too many events happened in between making it feel longer. Hailey was in the library like always when a figure appeared beside her.

"What do you want Malfoy?"

"Nothing."

She looked up suspiciously at the boy. Though Hailey had grown a lot taller over the last few months, Draco was still much taller than her. She narrowed her eyes making him finally confess.

"I came here to offer you something." He said nervously. "It's Christmas... Everyone deserves to be happy on Christmas. Mother and father are quite busy with the party downstairs. So you know... I-I could sneak you out."

"Where?"

"Anywhere you want." Hailey just stared at his face in confusion. Why would The Draco Malfoy want to make her feel better? All their childhood he just bullied her, why the sudden change in mind. His pale face only showed sincerity as he spoke. "But it's okay if you don't want to... But I thought-"

"I'll go out. Even for a second." Hailey said and a smile curved on his face. "Godric's Hallow. I always wanted to go there."

It was unbelievable how Draco sneaked out of the house like it was no big deal. They both wore long hoods to cover their faces. As simple as that? Hailey thought as she walked out of the metal gates for the first time in months.

"No one notices what I do. Especially on Christmas. It's all about those rich and expensive parties." Draco said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Why are you helping me?" Hailey asked looking at him. The boy stopped in his tracks and looked back at her. His lips opened and closed like a fish out of the water while he tried to answer.

"I... I don't know." He replied. That was not the answer she thought she'd get. He quickly changed the conversation by taking his wand out of his pocket. "Hold my hand. We're apperating."

"Finding ways to hold my hand?" Hailey asked with a laugh placing her hands on his.

"As if." He laughed back and in a blink of an eye, they were in the empty streets of Godric's Hallow. There were fairy lights all along the streets. Most houses were empty while some houses were full of people.

Hailey slowly walked taking in every bit. The roads were covered in snow. Dead trees all along. They walked a bit before coming to a stop in front of the graveyard.

"I think I'll go alone." She said to Draco who only nodded.

In Loving Memory
of

James Potter.            
Born                            

27th March 1960
Died
31st October 1980

Lily Potter
Born
30 January 1960
Died
31st October 1980

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

That was the only tombstone that Haileys's eyes fell on. A smile found its way on her lips as she sat on her knees closing her eyes. There was a bouquet there indicating someone had visited earlier.  She only heard their stories, but she knew. She parents didn't die in vain. They were heroes. A tear rolled down her cheek but she quickly wiped it was. Now was no time to cry.

I'll see you soon. Just wait a bit for me.

With a smile on her face, Hailey got up and left. Draco was waiting outside. His back against a tree. He smiled seeing her. "You good?"

"Couldn't be better."

Draco found himself smiling wider. There was something about the girl in front of him. He hated her. He hated her guts. But he couldn't help but smile like a lunatic every time she smiled. It was cliche. Just like most boys in the wizarding world, Draco Malfoy too had fallen for Hailey Potter. He didn't know why. But he just did. It was crazy.

She was supposed to be the enemy. Not the love interest. Not when he could never have her. Not when her heart belonged to someone else. Someone who deserved her unlike him. She deserves the best. And Draco could never be the best. There was always someone better than him at everything.

"Oi. Malfoy. We can't get caught. Get out of your imaginary world." Hailey said hitting his arms playfully.

"Of course." He smiled. "Let's go back yeah?"

A/N: Happy new year guys! And I'm back once again. 3 more chapters to go.
.....................