t h i r t y - s i x

Chapter: Thirty-six

Gone

Hailey, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Ginny flew to the ministry using thestrals. It was quite weird considering the fact most of them couldn't see it. But it was one hell of a ride.

Harry said he had seen Voldemort and Sirius in the department of mysteries. Hailey's vision wasn't that clear, but she knew she had seen prophecies there.

"Here," Harry said once they reached the door. "This is the place I saw. This is the place I saw in all along!"

They entered the room and it was pin-drop silent. Hailey unintentionally walked closer to Ron.

"Look Harry!" Neville said. "This one has got your name on it. And this one has your name Hailey."

Hailey frowned as she took the prophecy.

The girl who was born to fight. She is half of a whole. A lover and a protector. But be aware love makes one weak. Soon allies will be made and war will be fought full of betrayal.

She stared at it for a while. What was that supposed to mean? Born to fight? Allies? A war? And that's full of betrayal? She was too deep in her thoughts that she almost didn't notice the death eaters in front of them.

When she did, Ron had immediately pulled her behind him protectively.

"Itty, bitty, baby Potter. Oh, I forgot there are two." Said Bellatrix Lestrange with a laugh. Hailey recognized her from the picture she saw in the newspaper. The bushy black hair. And her face almost screamed evil. And along with her was Lucius Malfoy, father of the little white ferret.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville whispered almost with disbelief. She knew about Neville's parents being tortured by her.

"Neville Longbottom isn't it?" She asked with a smirk. "How are mummy and daddy?"

"Good that now they're going to be avenged!" The boy had pulled his wand out and was about to hex her when Harry stopped him.

"Easy there," Lucius said putting his hands up slightly. "Let us all calm down." He took tiny steps towards the group. By now everyone had their wands out. "Haven't you always wondered why there is a connection with the dark lord? Why he was unable to kill you as an infant? Don't you what to know the secret behind your scar? Don't you what to know why your sister wasn't the chosen one? And all the answers are in your hand Potter. All you have to do is give it to me, and I can show you everything."

They were now surrounded by death eater. Hailey gripped her wand tightly. This was the moment. The moment they all have been practising for.

"I've waited fourteen years for this," Harry said and Lucius gave him a somewhat sympathetic look? That man deserved an Oscar. "I think I can wait longer. Now!"

"Stupefy!"

Spells were being shot and everyone ran towards the way they came in. But every turn they took, a death eater seemed to find them. Hailey knew her prophecy wasn't important. But still, she threw it hard in the groundbreaking into tiny pieces. All of them had split up and Hailey found herself with Ron.

"Stay close to me," Ron whispered. Both of their backs were pressed against each other. As they took small steps.

"A blood traitor." A death eater said who was facing Ron. He had his wand pointing at Ron's head. "You lots are as bad as a mudblood and deserve to die... Stupefy!"

"Protego!" Hailey said pushing Ron out. The spell had reflected and the death eater flew away. Ron was about to thank her, but the amount of death eater kept increasing and they ran forward. Soon all seven of them were back together.