e i g h t

Chapter: Eight

Goodbye

    It was a nice day. If it wasn't for the first task of the Triwizard tournament, Hailey would've been found near the black lake. But here she was, clutching onto Harry's hand as if her life depended on it. While the announcement for the competition started.

    "Potter, the champions have been called to the ground." Professor McGonagall said as the boy gave her a small nod. "Ms Potter, you can't come."

    "But he's my brother. He keeps dying when I'm not around." Hailey whined hugging Harry with all the force in her body. "I hate you Harold. But I can't have you dying. Though if you die that would mean I would get your share of the money mum and dad left... Ultimately making me one of the richest half-bloods of all time. Damn."

    "Wow, Hailey. Real sweet of you."

    "I'm sorry I just have a- Broad imagination." She smiled guiltily. "Anyways. I love you Harold. If you die, you'll be missed.

    "Oh quit it Hails," Hermione said rolling her eyes before pulling them apart. "Best of luck Harry. It'll be okay. Just stay calm. We believe in you- No Hailey you believe in him as well."

    "Yes, I believe in you." She said pulling her thumbs up.

    She watched as her brother went to the tent following Professor McGonagall. She sighed crossing her arms over her chest. Though she was worried to death she didn't want Harry to know that. He didn't need tears at the moment. He needs a good laugh and support. "God just keep my brother alive."

"Don't worry. God has favourites." A voice said making her scoff as she sat in the stadium.

"Death can't be predicted."

"Did you talk to Harry?"

"Yeah."

"How is he?"

"Nervous." She said before hugging herself tightly.

"Does he know about the task?"

    "Ronald, what do you want?" She asked. She knew he was asking these non-sense questions just to make the conversation going.

    "I'm sorry. Please. I shouldn't have said that. I'm really sorry. And I... I know Harry didn't put his name in there too."

    "Took you long enough to understand that." She said rolling her eyes. "But I'm forgiving you."

    "Thank you-"

    "Oi, you think you're earning my forgiveness that easily? You have to do something." She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes. She couldn't stay mad at him for long. She knew she eventually had to talk to him and everything would go back to normal, but while she had the chance, Hailey wanted to make the best out of it.

    "And what is that?"

She narrowed her eyes and looked at Ron from the corner of her eyes. "You have to give me your Newt Scamander and Miranda Goshawk cards." She said clearing her throat.

"But I only have two of each Hails!" He said as she shrugged.

"Can't see how that's my problem." She said leaning back in her seat.

Ron sighed pinching the bridge of her nose. The things he did for this girl were unbelievable. "Fine."

"Wait... Legit?"