t w e n t y - t w o

Chapter: Twenty-Two

First Crush

Things had been going pretty okay the next few days. Somehow every single student in Hogwarts knew about Ron and Hailey's relationship. Though it bothered Ron at first, he slowly got used to it as time went by. Ginny was the most happy out of anyone.

"I've waited a long time to hear this news." The girl had said.

Not only that, Neville had found the room of requirements a few days back. And the DA was now full-on training. Harry was a great teacher. Better than Hailey had expected. They had finished learning the disarming charm were now practicing the stunning charm.

Everybody watched as Harry and Nigel demonstrated the spell.

"You think I can do that?" Ron asked resting his head on Hailey's shoulder.

"Nope." She said popping the p as he fake gasped.

"You're so mean." He said as she playfully rolled her eyes. "I can do it with ease."

"So who else wants to demonstrate?" Harry asked looking around the crowd. Hermione raised her hand quickly. Speaking of her, she and Fred were doing great. They were quite opposite, but like legends say. Opposites attract. "Good. And?" Hailey grabbed Ron's hand before raising it. "Ron. Okay. C'mon mate."

"Bloody hell Hails." He muttered. He knew he couldn't win against Hermione, but he tried his best to come off as tough. "I'll go easy on you."

"Thanks Ronald."

"Don't go easy on him though," Hailey whispered to her best friend as the girls giggled. Neville gave him a thumbs up to which he gave a small nod in acknowledgement.

"Stupefy!"

"Stupefy!"

Everyone watched as Ron went flying into the air falling on the ground with a loud thud. Poor things. Hailey couldn't help but laugh when he saw his face. He quickly got up as all the girl's laughed glancing at him.

"I let her do that." He said walking over to his brothers. "It's good manners isn't it?" To which Fred nodded along. "It was totally intentional."

"Okay next?" Harry asked.

"How about you and Hailey?" Someone in the crowd suggested.

"Hails?"

"Up for it brother." She said with a grin.

"I'm sorry. You'll get hurt." He said patting his sister on the back.

"Don't be so full of yourself." She said rolling her eyes before pushing him away from her.

"What? I fought you know who. Gimme some credit." He whispered taking his position in front of her.

"Go Harry." Ron cheered earning a glare from her. "I'm kidding... Not really."

"Stupefy!

"Stupefy!"

The room watched in shock as Harry went flying into the air falling on the ground harder than Ron did. He groaned in pain as lied on the ground. Hailey on the other hand was surprised like the rest of the people in the room. She did not expect to win... Well, cause he did indeed fight you know who.

"Merlin..." The boy muttered getting up. "That was brilliant. Next?"

The practices went on for weeks. Even Neville had learned the disarming charm. It took him a while, but he finally got a hold of it.

But DA practices weren't easy. Umbridge had suspected something was going on and she formed a squad of her own. The Inquisitorial Squad, which consisted of Draco Malfoy and his minions. Of course. That git would do anything to make the Gryffindors look bad.

She was inspecting all the teachers' classes and almost threw out their professor Trelawney.

Not only that, but she was also questioning students personally. As far as Hailey heard, she was forcing them tea. And she was 80 percent sure she was giving them veritaserum though it was illegal. She didn't care as long as it meant Harry and Dumbledore would keep quiet. That women was a walking nightmare.

Time went by like air and soon, their Christmas break arrived.

"So that's it for this lesson." Harry started. "Now we aren't going to be meeting until after the holidays. So, just keep practising by yourself the best you can and... Well done, great work everyone."

"Well done mate," Ron whispered to him as everyone clapped. As the club dismissed, everyone took their bags before heading out.

"Hey Hailey, gonna be spending Christmas here?" Colin asked.

"Probably not." She said with a shrug. "Maybe with Ron's family." She couldn't tell him about Sirius as he was still a wanted criminal.

"Did I hear my name somewhere?" The boy himself asked wrapping an arm around Hailey's should. "Hello Colin. Not trying to steal my girlfriend are you?"

"Wouldn't dream of it." He said raising his arms in surrender. "Though I think we'd make a great match. She was my first ever crush you know."

"Awww Colin." She cooed ruffling his hair. "That's adorable."

"You were my first crush too," Ron said as both of them laughed.

"Guys," Hermione whispered walking up behind three. "Look behind. But don't make it too obvious." But all of them turned around at the same time to see Harry trying to approach Cho who was looking at a picture of Cedric. *cough cough* which was her first crush *cough cough*

"Poor girl, she deserves a break," Hailey said looking at her.

"And your brother needs some action. At this rate, he is the only bloke in our year who didn't kiss anyone." Ron said as both Hailey and Hermione hit his arms. Cho spent half the day crying. She truly loved Cedric. It must've been hard for her. She couldn't even imagine how her life would've been if Ron wasn't there. He made her day so much better just by existing.

Hermione walked over to her Fred and Colin left with Neville talking about some spells.

"You know I love you right?" Hailey asked looking at Ron. She felt like she needed to say that.

"I do. And you know I love you too." He said kissing the side of her head wrapping an arm around her waist.

They walked into the common room and sat on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Ron put a blanket over both of their legs as Hailey read a book. Her head was resting on his shoulder.

Not too far from them were Fred who told Hermione all about their new products. Though she hated their ideas at first as they spent time inventing products for their so-called joke shop rather than studying. But she gave up once she saw how dedicated they were.

"I ship them," Hailey said with a smile seeing her friends.

"As you said before, It was about time," Ron said. "Though I think we both are cuter."

"Shut up." She said as both of them laughed along. Just then the common room door opened revealing a very flustered Harry. He walked in and sat down on the single sofa beside them. His face was pale but still very red.

"Hell, we need to talk."