f i f t y - f i v e

Chapter; Fifty-Five

Bad Decision

"Hey Mione. Can I talk to you for a second?" Hailey asked when she saw her best friend sitting on the sofa reading a book probably about Horcrux.

"Of course." She smiled keeping the book down. She patted the space beside her indicating her to sit. "So what do you want to talk about?"

"What if something happens suddenly? I mean... I feel guilty. We are just going to leave everyone just like that. I know they can protect themselves... But, everyone knows we four are a team. What will happen if we all just go missing? In the worst scenario... What if something bad happens to us all?" She said fiddling with her fingers.

"I... I too have been thinking about it a lot." Hermione said leaning back on the sofa. "But... What do we do? Who stays behind? As you said, we're a team. We need each other to do this."

"What if I stay?" She whispered. "Hermione. You're the intellectual one. Ron and Harry both think they're useless, but they are brave enough to face anything. And... I'm the only one who could stay behind. It'll make our plan even more believable. Ron's ghoul is there. I'm here. We don't know about where you went, and Harry is the only one who went away."

"What happened?" She asked knowing very well there was a reason behind her sudden change of mind.

"I overheard Mrs Weasley and Ginny talking..." Hailey started with a sigh. "I... I heard them talking about everything. Like, Ginny was saying how she was scared of everything going on. And we're leaving soon... It just felt so wrong. Mrs Weasley was mad at us for taking this decision. Like she doesn't even know the worst parts yet... And it... I just don't know... Maybe if we had more time we could figure it out."

"I know, everything has been a blur so far. Everything's happening so fast." Hermione said looking up at the ceiling, slowly closing her eyes. "If you stay behind, I mean they'll at least have hope. Someone who knows about you know who's plan will be there. But it's risky for you."

"We all are at risk. Wherever we go. Someone will always be at risk."

"Alright... If we get more time, we'll talk about it. Let's just not tell the boys about this for now. They'll go mental." She said as Hailey nodded knowing very well the boys would object. "If things go south. It'll be our plan B?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry," Hailey said quickly pulling the three in a hug. "Hermione will explain everything later." She looked at Hermione with a sad smile and gave a short nod. "I love you guys."

"But Hailey what do y-"

Harry's sentence was interrupted when Hermione grabbed both of the boy's hands and apparated. Hailey sucked in a deep breath, hoping this wasn't a stupid decision. She turned around and the first thing that caught her eyes was a small ginger boy, hiding behind the table crying.

Okay, at least she can help this kid.

"Hey there. Hailey said crouching down to hold the little boy's cold shaking hands in her warm ones. "Where are your parents?"

"I-I can't f-find them." He cried wiping his tears. "They- They were here but now I-I can't find them."

"What's your name buddy?"

"J-Jack Weasley."

"Jack, I'm Hailey Potter and I'll get you to your mummy and daddy kay?" She asked as the boy slowly nodded. Hailey looked down at the shoes she was in. She was going to sprain her ankle if she planned on running with stilettos. So she just broke off the heels.

There were death eaters everywhere, but she didn't want a five-year-old to get traumatized with all the fighting going on.

"Try not to look around much, yeah?" She asked picking up the boy who I shut his eyes tightly holding into her. Thankfully she didn't have to go far until she found another Weasley. A badass Weasley to be exact.

"Brilliant Ginny," Hailey exclaimed when she saw the girl hex a death eater with the bat bogey hex.

"Y-You... You stayed behind?" She asked looking at the elder girl in shock.

"I had to... For you guys." She smiled as Ginny smiled back. "Now, we need to get Jack to his parents." She looked down at the boy who still had his eyes closed.

"I think I saw his parents somewhere near with mum and dad," Ginny said as another death eater approached them. "Protego. Merlin, let's just quickly find someone who can help."

The three of them tried getting to the entrance where they had spotted Mr Weasley without attracting too much attention. "Ginny! Hailey!" The man said hugging both the girl in relief. "You gave me a headache... Where are the rest of the lot?"

"They left." Hailey panted whose arms were nearly numb for holding the little boy in his arms. "And can you please find Jack's parents? I don't know them-"

"I'll find them. It's okay. They were looking for him." Mr Wealsey said taking the boy from her. "Get inside the house now! Fred and George are inside. Go go!"

The two girls didn't waste a minute and ran inside the burrow to find Fred, George and a few others inside.

"The three of them left without you?" George asked in confusion seeing Hailey.

"Nah... Someone had to stay behind." She said with a small shrug sitting down in one of the sofas. Ginny too after a while sighed sitting down beside her. She slowly reached for her hand.

"They're gonna be okay." She said knowing too well Hailey was worried about her decision. She was here with the rest of the lots and could help them. But what if Harry, Ron and Hermione needed help? What if something bad happened to those three? She could never forgive herself. But what if something bad happened to the Weasleys or Remus or Tonks? She could never forgive herself. It was a fifty-fifty situation. She just hoped she wouldn't regret her decision later.

Hailey felt something soft rubbing against her ankle. She looked down and saw it was Munchkin. She smiled picking up the kitten from the floor who immediately snuggled closer to her.

Munchkin had gotten used to Hailey so fast that she was surprised. It was almost like they knew each other forever, though it has been just one day. "She's just a friendly little one." Ron had said.

She scratched the kitten behind her ear making her cuddle closer to her.

"So this is the first Potter Weasley kid eh?" Fred asked sitting on the sofa opposite the two trying to diffuse the tension. "My first niece is a kitty?" He asked making Hailey chuckle. "Never thought that would've been the cause right, Georgie?" The Weasleys and Hailey started talking about different topics slowly changing the atmosphere. Ginny at one point smiled resting her head on Hailey's shoulder talking about Quidditch.

Maybe she didn't take that much of a  bad decision after all....

.............
A/N: Sorry about the last cliffhanger thou. It was so funny seeing you guys reaction. And... WE REACHED 50K READS! How?! I don't even know. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all!!