t w e n t y - f o u r

Chapter: Twenty-Four

Boyfriend

Wise men say, only fools rush in

But I can't help, falling in love with you

Hailey smiled to herself as she played her favourite song on the piano. She loved music. And playing songs on piano added more emotions to it. She didn't know her godfather had one in this place before or else she would've started playing a while back.

"What can you not do?" Ron's voice interrupted her. He sat down on the bench beside her wrapping an arm around her. His eyebrows were sort of pinched together as he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

Just the day before, all of them had gone to visit Mr Weasley at St Mungo's. He was doing quite good. The doctors had reassured them that he would be released from the hospital very soon and spend Christmas at Sirius's place. Sirius was delighted to have so many people over.

"What happened my lovely boyfriend?" She asked kissing the top of his head.

"A fight. With your brother." He muttered with a pout.

"Why?"

"Because... It's stupid."

"Considering the fact that most of the things you and my brother do are stupid. I'm used to it. Go on."

"We- We were playing a game of cards... And he lost. So he threw the cards at me. I threw them back at him. He again threw them back at me. And I walked out. He even called me a git!" He complained as a five-year-old would.

Hailey raised both her brows with a look of disbelief. Were these boys for real? Why does she put up with them?

"Don't look at me like that! Harry started it! It's like... We hurt each other a lot. But that's how friendship is. You sometimes hurt each other unintentionally. But, at the end of the day, you love them and can't see them hurt. I hate seeing other people hurt him. Harry's my best friend. I love him. But sometimes I hurt him too. And it's complicated."

"Ron..." She started. "Are you sure you're in love with me and not my brother?"

"Hailey! I'm being serious!"

"Sorry, I thought that was my godfather."

"Merlin, I hate you."

"I knew it! Cause you're in love with Harry."

"Anyways!" Ron interrupted again. "How did you learn to play the piano?"

"Oh that. When I was eight, one of our neighbour's daughter was learning to play the piano. So my poor excuse of an aunt and uncle forced me to learn it." She said with a small shrug as she played a few chords. "I didn't mind though. I love piano."

"They used to force you two to do things like that?" He whispered.

"Yeah... We were forced to do loads of things. Like, I and Harry have been making breakfast since we were eight. I used to do theatre when I was five. Why? Cause our neighbours did so. I even learnt Spanish for a while. Harry was stubborn and didn't want to learn those sort of stuff. But I kind of accepted it cause, I didn't want to cause unnecessarily problem. Life was not fun back then."

Ron had known Hailey and Harry since they were eleven. And they were always smaller than most of their classmates. He was imagining a little eight-year-old Hailey cooking breakfast. It broke his heart.

"I never knew..." He said as she sighed.

"I don't like talking about old days. So you should consider yourself lucky." She said with a small laugh. There was a small knock on the door. Both of their head whipped to the back to see Ginny standing there.

"Move." She said pushing her brother off. "Hailey, I and Hermione are having a girls night. So bye!" She dragged Hailey out of the bench to take her upstairs.

"You alrig-"

"No! I am not! All you and Hermione do is hang out with my brothers! They get all the attention. But you know who else wants attention? Ginny! Ginny feels lonely and wants some attention. And it would be highly appreciated if you gave some attention to her." She rambled off with a pout. She reminded her of Ron. They were so similar yet so different in their own ways.

"I'm sorry Gins." Hailey cooed ruffling her hair. "I love you."

"Everyone loves me." She said with a smug smile making her roll her eyes.

Hailey opened the door to the room she shared with two of her best friends to see Hermione lying flat on her stomach reading her favourite book Pride and Prejudice. She closed the book and smiled once she saw her friends come in. "Dragged you away from Ron?"

"Hell ya I did," Ginny answered proudly for her. "Anyways. I have to-" she was interrupted when the door opened making her groan out loud.

"Hi," Harry said awkwardly waving at them.

"There's a word called knocking, ever heard of that? We could've been naked for god's sake." Hailey said to which he smiled sheepishly. "What do you want?"

"I was searching for Ron. And you are the person who always knows where he is... So yeah... Have you seen him? We had a fight-"

"Yeah yeah, we know you fought with your boyfriend. He's by the piano. Go and solve whatever happened."

"Yeah, I will." He said absentmindedly. "Wait- Did you just say, my boyfriend?" He asked to which Ginny and Hermione started giggling.

"I did indeed. Now go and save your damsel in distress." Harry stared at his sister for a while before closing the door behind him to go downstairs to find Ron.

"So, why have we been summoned here?" Hailey asked. She knew Ginny wanted to talk to them about something. As if on the cue, the girl grinned.

"Do you guys know Michael Corner-"

"The Ravenclaw boy?" Hermione asked interrupting her, to which she nodded. "Yeah. He's in our year."

"So... We're dating. He gave me a gift before the Christmas break. It's fair enough if I give him one. What should I give him?" She asked as Hermione and Hailey shared a knowing look. "Hey! Don't look at me like that. I need help. He's my first boyfriend. I don't know anything."

"Ron is my first boyfriend too. But." Hailey said as she pointed at Hermione. "She is experienced. She has dated the world-famous seeker-"

"We get it Hails." The girl said throwing a pillow at her face to shush her. "I mean, you could give him a book."

"Nah, give him a blue wallet or anything blue," Hailey suggested.

"He's a Ravenclaw, makes sense."

"Does Fred or any of your brothers know?" Hermione asked leaning on her elbow.

"Oh please. You two know my family. You think they'd let me date at fourteen? Never." She said lying down on the bed with a sigh. "Having brother has its downfalls."

"Believe me, I know."

The three lied in silence for a while. Funny how just last summer none of them were dating and now all of them had boyfriends.

"So which colours are we painting our nails?" Hermione asked holding her box of nail polishes to which Hailey chuckled. No girls night can be completed without painting nails.

"Maroon. Gryffindor pride all the way baby!"

A/N: Can any of you play any instruments? I can play the guitar and a bit of piano