t w e n t y - s i x

Chapter: Twenty-Six

Snitch

"Do all your homework properly. Study hard and stay safe honey." Molly said pulling her son in a hug who groaned loudly. "We're so proud of you. Our little perfect."

"I get it, mum," Ron said trying to pull away, but failed as his mother held him. Hailey was at the corner of the room along with the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry. She was leaning against the door frame with a smile on her face as all of the kids said their goodbyes to their mum. "Yes, mum. I will. Can I go now? Please." The boy whined.

"I wish mum and dad too were here." She said with a sigh to Harry who was standing just beside her. "Do you think they would've been proud of us?"

"I think so. Yeah." He replied wrapping an arm around her. They watched as Ginny went up to her Molly. She too just like her brother was whining about her hugs being too tight. But to Hailey, she would've traded the whole world to get one hug from her mother.

She, Harry, Hermione and Ron made their way downstairs. Their trunks were already in the car. Remus and Arthur wold be taking them to the station. Christmas break was over way too fast. As they were on the last step, Harry noticed a room just beside the doorsteps. He hadn't noticed it before.

"You guys get going, we'll be right back," Harry said to Ron and Hermione as he entered the room, followed by Hailey. It had many pictures on the walls. But some were burned.

"Harry Potter. The boy who stopped the dark lord. Friends with filthy mudbloods and blood traitors, unlike my poor mistress." Kreacher said in disgust earning the attention of the two. "She would-"

"That's enough of your bile Kreacher!" Sirius yelled making all of them flinch. "Now away with you!"

"Of course. Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of black." The small house-elf said with a bow before walking away.

"Sorry about that," Sirius said with a small smile as he hesitantly entered the room. "He never was really pleasant. Even when I was a boy. Not to me anyway."

"You lived here?" Harry asked.

"It was my parent's house. I offered it to Dumbledore as the headquarters. That's the only useful thing I've done." He said the last part softly as he looked at the wall. "This is the Black family tree. My deranged family. I never liked them. Their poor blood mania." He ran his fingers over them as he stopped on a burned picture with the name Sirius below it. "My mother did it, when I ran away. Charming women." He said with a dry laugh.

"Where did you go?" Hailey asked.

"Your dad's." He said with sucking in a deep breath. The look on his face gave away how sad he was thinking about those memories. "I was always welcomed at the Potters. You two always remind me so much of him. All of you are very much alike."

"I wouldn't say so," Harry said quickly as he looked down at his feet. He slowly looked up at his godfather. "When-When I saw- When I saw M-Mr Weasley being attacked. I didn't just see it-It. It was- it was like... I was attacking." He stuttered as Hailey extended her hand to hold his. Harry squeezed her hands before continuing. "And-And there was a moment. In professor Dumbledore's office when I... This connection with Voldemort... What if I'm becoming more like him- I feel so angry all the time. And what if after all, I've been through- What if... What if I'm turning bad?"

"I want you to listen to me very clearly Harry," Sirius said keeping both hands on his shoulder. "You are a very good person whom, bad things have happened to. Understand? The world isn't split into good people and death eaters. We all have both light and dark in us. What matters is the path we chose to act on. That's who we really are."

There was a small knock on the door followed by Hermione poking her head in the room. "Guys, it's time to go."

Sirius kept a hand on both of their shoulders as he walked them to the door. "After all of this is over. We'll be a proper family." He said as both of them hugged their godfather. "Harry you can get going, I have to say something to Hailey."

"Yeah, sure." He said leaving with Hermione.

"So, Munchkin. I want you to have something." Sirius said shoving his hands in his pocket taking out a golden snitch.

"Sirius, I don't play quidditch."

"I know." He said with a smile. "This was your dad. He had loads of thses with him. Flexing his abilities all the time. Especially to flirt with your mum." He said as both of them laughed. "Harry got many things from James. He got the invisibility cloak, the map. People often time sympathise with him more because of the scar... Forgetting you go through the exact those emotions too. And I'm no exception to it. I'm so sorry Hailey."

"Oh my god, Sirius it alright. I get it-"

"No." He interrupted her. "I'm your godfather, as would James always said, dogfather. I know I have spent time more with Harry, but I want to to know you two will always be equal to me."

"I know." She said with a smile. She took the snitch from his hand, before looking up. "Was dad really a flirt?"

"Oh munchkin, you've got no clue." He said with a laugh as he thought of all the failed attempts he had asking out Lily. "You mum hated him at first. Said he was an arrogant toerag. She'd rather kiss a squid. But James always had good intentions. He would've done anything to protect her. And he did. He protected you two.

And funny enough, you Ron, Hermione and Harry remind me a lot of our childhood. Harry and Ron like me and James. Got loads of bromance ongoing. Hermione is like Remus. Reading books and rolling her eyes. You're like Lily. The kindhearted person who sometimes kicks everyone's asses, and forget Peter. He's an arse." He said making her smile wider. "Stay safe Munchkin."

"You too."

Hailey said her goodbyes as she left the house with the biggest smile on her face. It was true. Sometimes she felt left out. Like Harry was the only one who had lost so much. But it made her happy that Sirius understood how she felt. And the fact she had a father figure. Two father figures actually. Remus and Sirius, !see her happier. She looked at the snitch one more time before keeping it in her pocket. It was like a treasure to her.

"What are you smiling about?" Ron asked her once she sat down beside him in the bewitched car.

"Nothing."

A/N: I had to put some chapters to show Sirius, cause I love that man.