t h i r t y - n i n e

Chapter: Thirty-nine

St Mungo's

Hailey Potter, the girl who lived was abducted on 18 June 1996 by death eaters right after the death of her godfather Sirius Black. Her whereabouts were unknow for months until last morning when she was found in the ministry. Her body was blooded up and left on the place where she was last seen, the entrance of the ministry. She was rushed into St Mungo's as soon as possible. Only few limited people are allowed to see her, those include the Weasleys, Remus Lupin (James Potter's school friend) and a few selected aurors who are guarding her.

The ministry still hasn't given out a proper statement to what happen. But everyone wants answers. What happened that day? How did she come back? Ms Potter and her brother Harry Potter have been famous among the Witches and Wizards all around the world since they were infants. Folks of the Wizarding world have great respect and admiration for the twins. Not only are they exceptionally brave, but they are known to be kind hearted as well.

The abduction of Ms Potter took everyone by shock. It has been known from the healers that she was brutally tortured, and her being alive was a miracle. They called her a fighter. People all around are now raising their glasses and celebrating for the return of Hailey Potter- The girl who fought.

Hermione read out to Harry, Ron and Ginny. Harry had gotten a letter from Remus saying they found Hailey, who was barely alive. He had rushed to Dumbledore's office demanding to go to St Mungo's to visit her. Fortunately he did agree to let them visit her that day, but in the evening.

Somehow, everyone knew about it. Every newspaper headlines had her name. Everyone was whispering in the hallway about what happened. Making rumors and assumptions.

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny were waiting in Dumbledore's office as he talked to a few people for all the safety. Hermione sighed as she folded the newspaper and looked up at everyone. Harry's face looked pale while Ron sat there with an unreadable expression. Ginny looked back at her and took a deep breath. She knew she wasn't the closest to Hailey. But it broke her hear to think about the things that happened. And she couldn't imagine how the three of them must've felt.

"Now, the four of you will be travelling using floo powder. First all of you will go to the burrow, then from there to St Mungo's." Dumbledore said grabbing all of their attention. He saw the look on their faces and gave them a small encouraging smile. "She's okay now."

No words were exchanged as four of them reached the burrow where Mrs Weasley and Bill were waiting for them. Mrs Weasley had pulled all of them in a tight hug.

"Where's Remus?" Harry asked before they got in the car the ministry had sent them.

"In hospital. He's been there all day. Refusing to leave even for a minute." Bill answered. The car ride too was quiet. Harry was beside Ginny who kept her hand on top of his. Words weren't exchanged, but this small gesture made him calm down a bit.

One by one they got down from the car, Nymphadora was at the entrance. She guided them to the room Hailey was in. Ron felt his heartbeat rising by the second. "Warning guys... Hold yourselves together."

"What do you mean?" Ron asked as she looked at Molly. "Mum?"

"It's a... Bit rough." She said. Nymphadora slowly opened the door to reveal Remus, who was sitting beside Hailey holding her hand. Ron took a deep breathe as he walked inside. The room was white with a sofa in one corner, a small chair, where Remus was in and some machines beside the bed which he didn't recognize. One of them was beeping.