t w e n t y - n i n e

Chapter: Twenty-Nine

Patronus

"Think of your happiest memory. A strong, powerful memory. Pronounce the word Expecto patronum properly. And the wand movements should be correct." Harry said as he stood in front of the crowd. "Hailey will give you guys an example." Both the siblings had their specialities. Harry was an expert at the disarming charm. He's probably the best at it. Hailey on the other hand was good at the Patronus charm. She had learnt it with Harry back in their third year. Remus was quite impressed seeing her skills.

Hailey took out her wand before clearing her throat. "Expecto patronum." The students watched as a doe came out- Well, not a real Doe, but a sparkly doe came out of the tip of her wand running in circles, stopping momentarily in front of Ron before vanishing. The room was filled o's and woah's.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed as everyone applauded for her.

"Now everyone try it yourself," Harry said clapping his hands to get everyone's attention. "You may not get it on the first try, but don't give up." He walked over to his sister as everyone began chanting the spells. "That was good."

"Why thank you, brother." She said with a smile.

"You know... Sometimes I wonder. When we'll be facing Voldemort... Will we be ready?" He asked as he stared at all the students. He was worried. Not only about his friends and family, but about everyone. Voldemort was merciless. He wouldn't stop for anyone.

"We don't know for sure," Hailey replied. But it's worth the shot." She found herself looking at a particular redhead who was trying to conquer the spell. He groaned as nothing came out of his wand. "I think I'll go over and help people out."

"You mean help Ron out." Harry corrected wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh shut up." She said with a laugh rolled her eyes before walking over to her boyfriend who was now talking with Colin. "Hello boys."

"Hey." Both of them replied simultaneously.

"Need help?"

"Kinda," Colin said. "It's hard."

"Okay, so here's the thing. Both of you close your eyes." Hailey said keeping a hand on both of their shoulders. "Now take a deep breath. And think of a really happy memory."

Ron did as he was told. What memory should he think of? Maybe the day he had gotten his Hogwarts letter? He thought about it. Every detail. The moment the owl came in. His mum hugging the life out of him, Percy already telling him about the rules and regulations, Ginny crying cause she couldn't come. Fred and George bothering him. But he was happy. He opened his eyes and held his wand out. "Expecto patronum." Little blue sparks came out of his wand. And the same thing happened with Colin's too.

"Brilliant. Keep trying. It'll happen." Hailey said patting them on the back before walking over to Neville, who too was struggling.

And soon enough, the first Patronus was seen. It was a horse that belonged to Ginny Weasley.

"Fantastic Ginny!" Harry exclaimed. "Keep going guys!"

"I don't think I'm going to get it," Ron said as he walked over to the two.

"Oh c'mon. Don't give up. You know what. Wait." Hailey said shoving her hand in her pocket taking out two chocolate frogs, which she always had in her pocket. "There. Eat. You'll feel better."

"Why does that sound so familiar?" Neville said putting the chocolate in his mouth as the corner of her mouth itched into a smile. This was the wise word of her uncle, Remus Lupin. Very true words though.

"Anyways." The girl said holding her hands up. "Try again. If the memory you thought about last time didn't work, think of another one. A stronger one."

The day he got his letter, did not work. So what should he do, the first day at Hogwarts? Nah, it was good. But not the best. The time they had rescued Ginny from the chamber of secrets? Nah, they almost lost Harry that day. In the third year when they for the first time went to Hogsmead? Nope, the Potter twins weren't there half the day. Yule ball? No... He sighed. His eyes went to Hailey who was just beside him. Laughing at something Neville had said.

Maybe a memory with Hailey... This Christmas.

He thought about the time they were having dinner on Christmas. It was probably the best day of his life. He was woken up by an over-energetic Hailey, who barged into the room waking him and Harry up. They all had breakfasts together. All the laughs and banters. Opening presents, doing karaoke. A smile found its way on his lips as he thought about all those memories. It was a strong fresh memory.

"Expecto patronum." A dog (Jack Russell terrier) had come out of the wand catching him off guard. It circled him for a moment before running off and vanishing.

"You did it!" Hailey said engulfing him in a hug. "What memory did you think of?"

"This Christmas." He said with a grin. "I never asked, what was your memory?"

"Mine was Christmas too. But it was in the first year. It was the first Christmas I had received a present. Though Hermione wasn't there. I remember the pile of books she had gifted me. And obviously the pile of book I too had gifted her. It was so good. And your mum had sent us the infamous Weasley sweaters. It was the first time I had felt like I belonged somewhere."

"That was deep."

"I am a deep person Ronald." She said with a small laugh.

The rest of the time went by pretty usual. But what happened after their DA practice session was not normal.

"Potter." A voice said when Hailey was on her way to the common room with Ron. The way that person had said her name, she knew exactly who it was.

"Malfoy." She said turning back to look at him with a tight smile.

"Professor Umbridge wants to have a word with you. Meet her at the office at 7." He said.

"And why is that? She didn't get any detention." Ron said raising a brow as he stood in front of her slightly pushing her behind him. "Bet you and your squad have some stupid plan."

"Watch your mouth, Weasley," Draco said with a smirk. "I could put you through detentions, or even ask professor Umbridge to write to your parents. Wouldn't want another howler from your mother huh. You already make enough fool of yourself."

"I'm a prefect too Malfoy." He said through gritted teeth. He paused for a while before the corner of his lips curved into a smirk. "And, at least I haven't got any daddy issues."

"You littl-"

"That's enough!" Hailey interrupted grabbed Ron's hand. "I'll see her." She walked ahead dragging him behind her. "What were you thinking? Getting into a fight with him isn't a good option right now. Especially when Umbridge has such powers."

"So you're just going to meet her like that? Haven't you heard about the veritaserum rumours? What if they're true?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Harry's gonna go nuts when he hears this."

__________________

"Are you kidding me?!" Harry exclaimed slamming his fist on the table attracting almost everyone's attention. "You can't go."

"But what am I going do? Stay? That'll be even more suspicious." Hailey said leaning back on the sofa.

"But-"

"Harry, I think Hailey should go," Hermione said softly taking a seat beside him. "If she doesn't go, then Umbridge will make Draco and his goonies follow her twenty-four-seven... And we aren't sure if she uses veritaserum or not." Hailey made a mental note to thank her later for being the only person to support her thoughts.

"Fine then..." Ron said. "So, seven then?"

7:00 pm.

Hailey took a deep breath before knocking on Umbridge's door. She heard a small high pitched voice telling her to come in.

Here goes nothing.

A/N: Update cause- WE JUST REACHED 10K READS!!!! This is my fist book with 10k reads and it's crazy. Thank you so much guys. I literally love you all so much.