f o u r

Chapter: Four
Friendzoned

"Don't worry. Dada just went downstairs. He'll be back soon." Lily Potter said as she kneeled next to her children. Both of them had tears in their eyes as they tried to reach for their mother to hold them. "Then we'll go over to uncle Padfoot's place tomorrow." She said as she bit her lips to stop them from trembling. "Be strong Harry. Be brave Hailey. Mama loves you. Dada loves you."

Everything turned black all of a sudden. The air was sucked out of Hailey's chest. The silence was now filled with screams that made her want to jump out of her skin. The screams got louder. And the green lights-

"Hailey!" Hermione exclaimed shaking her, waking her up from the nightmare. The girl sat up abruptly before pinching her nose bridge. "Nightmares?" She asked as she mumbled a small yeah. "Write to Sirius. Both of you are having nightmares."

"I don't know. I just don't want to burden him. He already has a lot on his plate." She said with a sigh. "You can go to sleep. I'll be back."

"But Hailey. He's your godfather. Keeping everything locked up in your mind isn't healthy." She sighed. Hailey wasn't too fond of sharing her feeling. To her, it was just a waste of time. If people came to her, she would listen in and try her best to give advice. But when it came to herself. She was just fine.

"Go to sleep Hermione. We have classes tomorrow."

"But-" She was interrupted when Hailey pushed her head back on the pillow.

"Sleep. I'll be back in a few."

She needed to check on Harry. It was about four in the morning as she went over and knocked on the familiar door waiting impatiently. The door opened revealing a sleepy Ron. His hair was all ruffled from the sleep as he stood there in his blue pyjamas and red tank top.

"You're just the person I wanted to see," He said moving aside to let her in. Hailey walked in and saw her brother sitting on the bed. His t-shirt was soaked from his sweat and his jet black hair laid flat against his forehead.

"Saw mum again," Harry said as she sat down on his bed. "Those screams. They're horrible."

"I know." She sighed taking his hand and giving it a light squeeze. Sometimes the twins would have similar dreams. Nightmares to be exact. And at that moment nothing could calm them down until they saw the other one.

"You didn't have to come here though. I mean... It's nothing I can't handle." He said guiltily. Harry was the elder sibling, but sometimes he felt like Hailey was. Even though he was older by five minutes only. He knew he had responsibilities. The responsibility that he couldn't fulfil properly. Since childhood, Hailey has been protecting him more. From the Dursleys, at Hogwarts. It was always her.

"I know." She whispered as he pulled her in a hug. "Go to sleep."

"Good night sleepyhead." He said with a smile.

"Night." She said getting up. Dean, Seamus and Neville were all fast asleep. Ron and Harry were the only ones awake in their dorm.

She got out of the dorm and went to the common room. Sitting down on the sofa she let out a sigh. There is no point in trying to sleep. Most of the nights after having a nightmare she stayed awake. Especially the ones that had her mum, dad or Harry in it.

"I knew you'd be here." A voice said as she turned her head towards the source.

"Of course you did." She replied with a lazy smile as Ron sat down beside her. He felt bad for her. Seeing the bags under her eyes. He knew she hasn't slept properly in a while. And also after what happened in the class.

"Come here." He said extending his hands to pull her closer to his chest.

"You should be with Harry right now."

"He fell asleep just after you left." He said. "Poor thing needs some sleep, and so do you."

Hailey hummed a response closing her eyes and felt Ron's heart beating fast. She looked up to find him staring at her. His blue eyes pierced through her hazel ones with a look she couldn't really explain. She always felt different, when she was with him.

Ron wanted to apologize. Apologize for being so rude to her for the past God knows how many days. But he couldn't bring himself to say those words. It felt stupid. He was jealous of Diggory. Cliché.

Cedric was much more good looking than he was. He was popular. He was good at Quidditch, good at studies, had good manners and discipline, basically everything Ron wasn't. And that's what made him upset when he saw the girl he had feelings for crushing on him.

"We should go back. You need to sleep." Hailey said as she stood up from the sofa. She wanted to lay there with him, but she couldn't just make him sleep-deprived because of herself.

"Yeah." He said getting up. They both parted ways with one last hug. Getting into the dorm Ron lied down and took a deep breath. Harry was fast asleep and his snores could be heard across the room. He took another deep breath as he thought about how the boy would react if he found out that his best friend had a crush on his sister.

That wouldn't be something very fun.

Harry was protective. Ron couldn't blame him as he was protective when it came to Ginny. At least none of his friends were crushing on her. It would be disgusting. And he was sure Hailey friend-zoned him. So there was no point in thinking he had a chance.

Soon enough Ron fell asleep thinking about Hailey. How just seeing her smile made his day a whole lot better.

~~~~~~~~~~