s i x t y - f i v e

Chapter; Sixty-Five

Let The War Begin

Hailey sat in the middle of the Astronomy tower. She was waiting for a particular person to show up. She wasn't even sure if he was gonna come. But she really hoped he did. She looked down at her wristwatch. Ten more minutes. She'd wait ten more minutes before leaving.

"I am assuming you got the diary?" A voice asked as if on cue, making her turn around. So he kept his words. "I was held up as your heroic brother showed up." Though Hailey was sent away to live with the Zabini's for the week, she had heard the story about how Harry, Ron and Hermione had come to the Malfoy manor and escaped. "So, the diary."

"Yeah. I got it."

"So I'm guessing you know what has to be done." The man asked.

"I do," Hailey answered. She looked at the empty sky for a moment. She knew what was going to happen today, everyone knew. A war. Just like the ones she had read in history books. But the only difference was, this time it was she who will be in the fight and go down in history. "So many innocents are going to die."

"That is war. Today you go out there not to survive. But to kill. Everything happens for a reason. And the ones who die today. It's in their fate. Anyways. I must leave now. Everyone is waiting for me." He said not giving her further chance to talk. There were many more questions she needed answers to. But for some reason, she didn't even ask one.

"Okay," Hailey muttered as he was about to leave. "And Snape... You're a great person. It was good knowing you." He said nothing, just gave a short nod and walked away. She sucked in a deep breath. Why was it so hard to accept? Why are deaths so hard to accept? Why was she always losing her loved ones?

The world is a cruel place. Hailey walked at the edge of Astronomy Tower and looked below. This was one of her favourite spots. Especially watching the sunset. Those were the golden days. When things were hard, but they had each other for support. But now, everything seemed... Out of place.

She knew she couldn't join the war. She couldn't die. Not now. But she couldn't just stand up there while others died. She had to do something. Even if it was something very small. Sorry, Dumbledore. But the Potter's are rule-breakers. A sound of glass breaking came from down followed by some black smoke. Hailey took out the golden snitch in her pocket. The one she kept close to her at all times. Her lucky charm. She held on to it tightly, closing her eyes feeling the light breeze.

Let the war begin.

...................