f o r t y - t w o

Chapter: Forty-two

Dream

"When will uncle Rem get here?" Hailey asked as she sat on the sofa in the living room while Molly did some spells to change her red hair into black just so no one at the Diagon Alley could recognized her.

"He should be here any minute," Fred informed looking down at his wristwatch. "So what's the plan? We go to Ollivanders to get a wand, then our shop?"

"I think so..." She said with a small shrug as she tossed the golden snitch in her hand, the one that belonged to her father, James Potter. It was something that she kept close to her all the time. Especially when she missed Sirius or her parents. It was a reminder, that they may not physically be there with her. But they would always be there, in her heart.

"Done. How does it look?" Mrs Weasley asked the boys when she was down with Hailey's hair.

"It's okay, but red suits you better. You look like Harry. Maybe a female Harry." George said with a chuckle earning a glare from his mother. Suddenly there was some sort of noise from the fireplace. "Oh look Remus is here."

"Hello kids." He said smiling up at them after brushing the dust off his shoulder. He looked at Hailey and his breath got caught in his throat. Jet black messy hair, hazel eyes, glasses and a golden snitch. It wasn't Hailey. It was James. He agreed with everyone who said Harry looked just like James. But to him, eyes were a very important part and whenever he looked at her, it was like he was looking at his best friend.

Hailey gave him a small smile and waved. "Uncle Rem."

"Hey." He said with a nod of acknowledgement. "So, going to Diagon Alley after a long time. How does it feel?"

"It's okay... I guess." She replied. More like lied. She was actually terrified. What if someone kidnapped her again? What if there were death eaters at Diagon Alley? What if they take someone else this time?

"Okay let's get going," Fred said getting their attention. "I'm dying to show you our products. Especially the love potion. Not that you need it, I mean. You've got our Ronnikins wrapped around your little fingers." Hailey rolled her eyes shaking her head.

"Whatever."

Days passed by pretty fast after that. Mrs Weasley finally allowed Hailey to help her around every once in a while. She most of the time would just sit in the kitchen talking to the elder woman while she worked. The best part about it was she got to know a lot more about the Wealsey kids childhood. Especially the embarrassing things Ron did.

And it was hilarious.

Just like any other day, Hailey was on the sofa beside Mrs Weasley as she taught her how to knit. Well basically to keep her occupied. Cause it wasn't just any other day, it was the day Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were finally returning from Hogwarts. Remus and Tonks along with the Weasley twins had gone to pick them up leaving an over enthusiastic Hailey behind with Mrs Weasley.

"I don't think it's something I can do. Honestly." The girl said with a chuckle keeping down the needles. "How do you even do it so fast?"

"Patience." Mrs Weasley said with a laugh. She looked at her shaking legs and smiled. "Something that you're lacking right now." She watched her shift uncomfortably. "Nervous?"

"I... I don't know." Hailey admitted with a sigh. "It's just... I haven't seen them in months and... What if everything between all of us changes? I mean... It doesn't even make sense when I say it out loud... But, it just feels different."

"Nothing will change between any of you. Harry is your brother. Twin brother. Hermione is your best friend. And Ron, he's madly in love with you to let anything change." She making her blush. She gave her a small encouraging smile when they heard the door opened. Both of them turned to the side as Hailey felt her breath picking up pace.

"Bloody hell." She heard Ron say before he ran up to her pulling her in the tightest hug ever. "Merlin... You're here." He sighed in relief as he cradled her head with his hand.

"You're here." She said pulling back to look at his face. The sense of security she felt in his arms was something she had missed the most. She smiled as the tears spilt out of her eyes.

"I love you." He muttered pressing his lips against hers. He didn't care that his mum or sister was watching. All he could care about was the girl in her arms. How much he missed her being around. "You've got no idea how much I missed you."

"Believe me. I know."

She turned to the side to see Hermione, who grinned at her before moving forward to hug her tightly. "Hi." She said as both of them giggled.

"Hey. How've you been?"

"Not the same." She said still holding her. "Hogwarts isn't the same without you."

"I'm flattered," Hailey said sniffing. "Gins." She extended her arms to the youngest Wealsey who wiped her tears before joining the group hug.

"We all missed you." She said burying her face in her hair. She had missed her sister figure. Yes, Hermione was there. But it was never the same without any of them.

Hailey finally let go of them before turning around and meeting the last people in the line. The one she had been waiting for the most to see.

"Harold." She said with a smile.

"You look good in glasses." He said.

"Better than you?" She asked as he nodded.

"Thousand times better." He pulled her in a hug before breaking down his tears. His hug was much more gentle than the rest of the lots. "I thought I lost you." He said as his voice cracked. All those saved up tears were falling now. She was finally bsck. "I'm such a bad brother. I-I couldn't even keep you safe. Mum and dad would've been dissa-"

"No Harry. You're the best brother I could've asked for." She said burying her face in his shoulder. "When I w-was with the death eaters... There was a time... When I wanted to give on to everything. But- But I didn't. I kept going. It was for you. Remember I promised you that I'll always be there for you?" She asked as he nodded. "I don't break my promises. Besides. You can't get rid of me that easily." She said making him chuckle lightly.

"Wouldn't even dream about it."

...........................................