f o r t y - t h r e e

Chapter: Forty-three

Room Tour

"I swear to God, potions is so much better with Slughorn as our teacher," Ron said with a laugh as he leaned back on the bed. "Never thought I'd say it. But potions is quite interesting." He added. He, Hailey, Hermione and Harry were in his room updating each other on what happened in the couple of months prior.

"It always was interesting. You were too blind to see it." Hermione said rolling her eyes. "Besides Harry and his half blood Prince book is just-"

"Harry and his what book?" Hailey asked perking up. Harry turned to Hermione with a what the hell look. Their sixth year at Hogwarts was going quite unusual. Katie getting cursed. Harry's suspicion that Draco Malfoy bring a death eater, loads were going on and he didn't want to tell Hailey about them and worry her.

Stress was something she didn't need.

"Oh, there's this old book that belonged to some bloke who called himself the half blood prince. We all just poke fun at that guy... I mean who calls himself the half blood prince?" Ron lied with a fake laugh, but it wasn't enough to convince Hailey. But she went along with it. She could later just poke Hermione until she opened up.

"Ron mum is asking you to come and help us prepare dinner," Ginny said interrupting them. The boy excused himself leaving the three of them behind.

"So now Ron's gone. I must inform you Harold, a little birdy informed me that you have a crush on a certain redhead called Ginny Weasley. Is that true?" Hailey said moving closer to him wiggling her eyebrows making Hermione giggle. She had told Hailey all about her brother's failed attempts to get noticed by Ginny.

Harry narrowed his eyes down at his sister. "Does that little birdy by any chance happen to be a certain brunette who's sitting in this room? Or better, known as Hermione Granger?" He asked making both of the girls laugh. "And for your answer, no. I don't like Ginny in that way."

"And why is that?"

"Because she's Ron's younger sister."

"I'm your sister. And Ron is dating me. So?"

"I don't know okay?" He said as Hailey rolled her eye. He was just trying to convince himself that he didn't like Ginny. It wouldn't take a genius to guess Harry's feelings for her. They all came down for dinner a few minutes later. Hailey intentionally pushed her brother to sit beside Ginny in return all she got was a dead glare and she returned it with an innocent smile.

"Why are you laughing?"Hailey asked Ron who sat down beside her trying his best not to laugh.

"I swear to Merlin... Your brother is an idiot." He said snickering. He noticed her confused look so he further explained. "He likes Ginny." He chuckled again watching her jaws drop. "What? You thought I didn't know? He's my best mate, I know him well enough to notice all the weird things he does around her." He slowly pointed at the two.

Hailey looked up to see Harry blushing furiously while Ginny talked to him. He stuttered pushing his glasses further up his nose. "He's probably the biggest idiot when it comes to women." She smiled turning back to Ron. "But you don't have a problem?"

"Of course not. It's kinda weird... My best friend and sister. Younger sister to be exact, and the only sister. But I'm dating his only younger sister too, so I think it's fair enough. Besides I trust him." He said with a small shrug shoving his food in his face as the girl sigh.

"You need to slow down your pace while eating or one day you'll choke." She said as he grinned.

"I'll try."

_____________________________

Hailey lied on her back as she stared at the ceiling. Hermione and Ginny had fallen asleep a while back.  She looked at the clock. It was about 3 am. She looked around for a water bottle but sighed when she found none, she really should keep some water with her in the room. She hesitantly got up from the bed and grabbed her wand, tiptoeing out of the room so the girls didn't wake up.

The only time the burrow was silent was at night. It was pin drop silence.

Hailey quietly went to the kitchen to pour herself some water. She drank the water in silence, kept the glass in its place and as soon as she turned around she met with another figure. She was about to let out a scream when a hand clutched her mouth.

"It's me," Ron said as she sighed in relief. He slowly dropped his hand.

"You gave me a bloody heart attack." She whisper shouted hitting his arms making him chuckle. "Why are you here? Wait no, let me guess. You're hungry?" Hailey asked with a laugh. She knew he had a habit of getting hungry in the middle of the night.

"Well not really. I couldn't sleep. And I heard some noise. Probably when you were walking downstairs. The stairs are quite squeaky. So I came outside and indeed it was you." He said. "Besides I wanted to see you."

"And why did you want to see me." She asked as his hands rested on the table caging her as her face turned red. That's when Hailey realised she didn't have any alone time with him in months.

"Do I need a reason to see my girlfriend?" Ron asked lowering his face slightly to look her right in the eyes. Their faces were inches apart and she could feel his steady breath. "Do I?"

And without thinking twice she pressed her lips against him. The feeling of his lips moving against hers. She closed her eyes as one of his arms snaked around her waist while the other one cupped her cheeks pushing her against the table. Hailey's fingers tangled themselves in his hair as his lips travelled down her neck making her moan. Ron abruptly pulled back catching her off guard.

"You know... Percy's room is empty..." He started making her giggle. Well, their families were upstairs. What if someone just walked in? He didn't want to get grounded, or Harry to kill him. "I could give you a room tour... Only if you want. No pressure."

"You know what? I think I would like that."

A/N:
Author: For Godric's sake kids. You guys need to keep your hands to yourselves.
Hailey: As if you aren't the one writing.
Author: So? Don't tell me you don't want this-
Ron: Anyways, before Cole and Hails get in a fight, readers don't forget to vote and comment.
Hailey: Yes do that!
Author: Yup! Love you all
............................................