s i x t y - o n e

Chapter; Sixty-One

Potter

"Hey love," Ron said leaning against the wall as Hailey looked up at him. She was sitting on the living room sofa with her knees tucked close to her chest. "Can't sleep?"

"Not really." She replied with a small shrug before he sat down wrapping his arms around her. Hailey immediately snuggled closer to his chest feeling much better in his warmth.

"Better?" He asked as she nodded. It was the first Christmas break after Sirius death. There was a comfortable silence between the two. Ron ran his finger through Hailey's hair as he felt her breath slowing down. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled against his chest before looking up. Her hazel eyes were dull due to tiredness. Of course she was tired, it was 2 am, but they were still loving and warm.

"I... I'm sorry." Ron confessed making her face scrunch up. "You know... The whole fight we had."

"Ronald I don't care. I forgave you months ago." She said as he shook his head.

"You don't get it. I need to get this off my chest. Hailey Potter, I love you with all my heart. And- And I was scared of losing you. I-I'm a no one. And you, you're you. The prettiest and kindest person ever. And when I saw you laughing with him... I... It was stupid of me, but I was jealous. And it hurt me so much because I could never apologize to yo-"

Hailey cut him off pressing her lips against his. "It's alright. I know you didn't mean it... And maybe I overreacted a bit as well. But forget it. It's fine. We're fine." She smiled. "And you'll never lose me. I love you a bit too much."

"That's quite flattering." He said as he dramatically flipped his hair making her laugh. Ron pulled Hailey on his lap before dropping his head on her shoulder. He felt her stiffen up. "Merlin, are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"I..." He looked at her with a concerned look as she sighed. "It's just..."

"You can tell me anything you know... But I'm not gonna force you." She pointed at the place between her neck and shoulder. There are some scars. A big one on her collar bone. "They hurt?"

"No, it's just... I use charms to cover them up and... I-I don't like the way they look." She muttered fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt.

"Love... If I could I'd kiss all your scars away. But there's nothing bad about them." Ron smiled pressing a delicate kiss on her collar bone over the mark. "I love every single thing about you. And I always will."

"That's s big commitment."

"And I'm willing to make it."

"God, you've become so good with your word." Hailey laughed as her face flushed making him grin.

"What can I do? Guess a man becomes poetic when he's in love."

"Oh just shut up."

A smile found its way on Hailey's lips as she saw a picture that Colin had taken during their fifth year. Ron had his head on Hailey's shoulder with their hands intertwined. He had fallen asleep after a Quidditch practice when they were all talking in the common room.

It was one of Hailey's favourite pictures and she always kept it with her. Maybe it was because of the way Ron looked so adorable or it was because of the way Harry too asleep in that picture. He was on the floor leaning against Hailey's leg. Or maybe it was because of how happy she and Hermione looked. They were talking excitedly about this new book that came out recently while the boys had passed out.