t h i r t y - t h r e e

Chapter: Thirty-Three

Bloody Bloke

"Hailey hey." Hailey turned around to see Zacharias, their fellow Hufflepuff and DA student. "Mind if I sit down beside you?"

"Absolutely not. Please sit down." She said with a smile patting the seat beside her. She was in the library studying transfigured, which was their next O.W.Ls exam. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Just a bit stressed out." The boy said with a small shrug. It was true. They only had two more exams left. Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts. "Anyways, I was looking for Hermione. I needed some help with Transfiguration. But I can't find her so might as well ask help from you."

"I'm not that good at it-"

"Oh give it a rest. You got an E last term." He said as she shrugged.

"So, what do you need help with?"

The two studied for a few hours. Though Zacharias and she weren't really good friends, but it was pretty good spending time with him. She kinda hated him back when he was being a, as Ron would say 'Tosspot'. But, she forgave him. He's actually quite nice. But his jokes were awful.

"Hey Hailey. Why did the mushroom go to the party?" He asked for the hundredth time. She rolled her eyes as he kept giggling. "Because he was a fungi." He said bursting into fits of laughter. And the way he kept laughing she couldn't help but laugh along. "See. I'm so funny."

"Yeah right." She said rolling her eyes again playfully. "Now back to studying Zacharias."

They spent about another half an hour in the library before returning to their respective common rooms.

Hailey walked back into their common room to find Fred and Hermione on one sofa. Harry was on the other sofa beside Neville studying Transfiguration she guessed. But she couldn't see Ron anywhere. "Where's Ron?"

"He came back from the library and went straight to the dorm room," Neville replied. "He was looking a bit dull."

"Oh... I guess I'll go up and check upon him." She said before going to the boys' dorm room. She knocked on the door but there was no reply. So she knocked again. "Ron? Are you in there?" No reply. "Can I come in?" She waited for a while. And when she got no reply she twisted the doorknob and entered the room.

It was one of the messiest room she had ever seen. T-shits, socks, trousers were everywhere. Ron was sitting in his bed... Reading. He was not the type of person who would read just like that.

"Ronald?" She asked softly.

"Oh look. You're finally here." He said in an awfully cheerful voice.

"Uh..."

"You finally had time to acknowledging your boyfriend." He said with a sneer rolling his eyes.

"Ron, what do you mean?" She asked raising a brow. "Are you okay?"

"Why do you care? Why don't you go and talk with your Zacharias?!" He said raising his voice. He got up from the bed and stood in front of her looking more intimidating.

"Oh my god is it about me talking to him? Ron I was just helping him study. He was looking for Hermione. But as he could find her he came up to me." She said as he scoffed.

"Well sure as hell it didn't look like that." He said as she stared at him with a look of pure disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Does it look like I am? I don't go around talking to girl all the time! But whenever I look at you, you are talking with some boys!"

"So am I just supposed to be friends with girls?!" Hailey asked finally raising her voice. "For god's sake don't you trust me?!" By now both of them were having a screaming match. Each sentence louder than the previous one.

"I do! But..."

"But what Ron?!" She shouted. "But what?! Don't you talk with Hermione?! Lavender, Parvati, Padma?! Do I react this way? No! But the one time I talk to someone, you get all mad!"

"It's different."

"No it's not!"

"Zacharias didn't just have friendship in his mind! You don't know what goes through a teenage boys mind! They are like animals! I'm trying to protect you! And didn't he talk shit like Harry was lying about you-know-who?!"

"First of all, I can protect myself and you bloody well know it!" Hailey yelled. "Second of all people change! He was in DA with us. He didn't sell us out!"

"People don't change completely!"

"Just admit it Ronald! You. Don't. Trust me."

"I do! But-"

"If you did trust me... There wouldn't have been a but." She said. "I'm leaving. Talk to me when you actually trust me." She slammed the door hard behind her and walked back to her dorm. She was fuming with anger.

How could he say that? Hailey never did anything to make her untrustworthy.

It was just seven when she returned to their dorm. They still had dinner. But she was so mad at Ron that she didn't even want to see his face. So she had asked Hermione to bring her dinner.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked Hailey who was sitting on her bed. Arms crossed over her chest and a blanket over her body.

"I'm fine."

"Doesn't look like it."

"I said I'm fine."

"Alright then." She said with a shrug. "I'll be back." She left the room and returned about five minutes later with Ginny, who was her favourite ginger right now.

"Wotcha Hails?" She asked as she jumped up on her bed and got in her blanket.

"Something happened. I don't know what, but I feel like it involves your brother," Hermione said sitting on her bed.

"Of course that idiot did something." She said rolling her eyes.

"Guys I'm fine."

"Oh Ickle Haileykins, this I'm fine shit doesn't work with us," Ginny said. She looked up at Hailey and kept staring at her. Almost like she was trying to look through her soul.

"Fine. I'm telling you what happened."

And she did. She told them about everything Ron had said. How he didn't trust her and how she wanted to break his pretty face right now. By the end of her storytime, Hermione's jaws were slightly opened, and Ginny was furious.

"I'm gonna kill that bloody bloke! Who does he think he is?!"

"Calm down Ginevra," Hermione said patting her hand. "So, you're just going to ignore him?"

"Exactly," Hailey replied. "That's the thing I'm best at doing. Ignoring a problem until it goes away."

"That not a very good methods of solving a problem."

"Does it look like I care?"

Hermione sighed as she looked at her best friend. Hailey wasn't the type of person who ignored their problems. She was too mad right now to think anything straight. But she too didn't have any other ideas. So she stuck to what Ron had said.

"Okay... So, I guess we'll just see what happens."

.......