s i x t y - t w o

Chapter: Sixty-Two

Dear Ms Potter

"Harry, when are you going to finally accept the fact that sometimes you just have to shut up?" Hailey asked as the boy in front of her muttered something inaudibly. He had picked up yet another fight with Dudley and his gang of friends which ended up with him having a bloody nose and broken glass. "I can't hear you."

"I said because Dudley made me mad!" Harry exclaimed standing up. "For god's sake Hailey shut up!'

"DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME HARRY POTTER!" She yelled back making the boy flinch back in horror. This was not good. "Doesn't Dudley make me mad?! So do I go around picking fight with someone twice my size? Next time you have a blooded nose, don't come to me."

Harry kicked the bedside table cursing under his breath before sitting back on the bed with a sigh. "He just... Gets to me."

"I know... It's just. I hate seeing you get hurt." Hailey said quietly sitting down beside her brother. He rubbed his nose trying to get the dried blood off. "I'm bringing the first aid box. Wait."

Petunia and Vernon had a party to attend and left the three kids alone. Dudley after beating Harry up with his friends were playing outside leaving the siblings on their own. The little redhead got up on a chair to take the first aid box from the high cabinet.

"Hold my hand. It's going to sting." Thank god she had learnt how to do primary treatment in school or else who was going to patch up Harry all the time. The boy hissed in pain when the blood was brushed off with the antiseptic. "Yeah. That's what happens when you're stupid."

"I fixed my glasses though," Harry said with a sheepish smile holding the taped glass out.

"When are we finally going to get out of this house?" The girl sighed sitting down beside him.

"At least nine years till were legally adult." He said with a small shrug. "If I ever become rich, I'll buy a big house and have many cars. And I'll drive by Dudley in those."

"Oh yeah and what about me?" Hailey laughed as Harry pretended to think for a while.

"I'll leave you here." He said making her gasp before hitting him on the head. "Hey I'm injured. And I'd never leave you behind. You know that."

"I really want to visit America. Looks so different in the TV." She said thinking about how different the outside the world was. The world was a big place. But to the Potters it was small and restricted. Harry was the only friend Hailey had and vice versa. She wondered what it would be like to have more friends. To have people who cared about her. To feel loved.

"It does. And one day we're going to visit it together." The boy grinned hugging her.

"And buy chocolates?"

"Loads of it."

"For the last time Malfoy. Why did you drag me into this?"

"Because hunting is fun and mother asked me to take you with us," Draco replied as he and Blaise carried the bow and arrows walking to the backyard of the mansion. The backyard was so big that it could fit another house in it.

"But I can't shoot Malfoy." Hailey had seen shooting shows on TV and had found them fascinating. It was something she always wanted to do, but she never had the opportunity to do so. Her uncle Vernon used to watch a hunting show every evening and she used to sneak up behind him to learn how to do so. And in her opinion, she knew everything theoretically. But not physically.

"That's where we help you." He said smugly. "You see Potter, I have an exceptionally good shooting skill. Blaise... He isn't that bad." The boy shot his friend a glare but he continued. "So together. We can help you. But be aware, it's not that easy as it looks."

They settled down on the place where the house-elves had planted some boards.

"So this is an arrow and this is a bow," Draco said holding the arrow and bow up.

"Really? Oh my god, I had no clue." Hailey said sarcastically rolling her eyes before pushing her glasses further up her nose bridge.

"You're so hard to work with. Whatever." He muttered. "Then you go like this. This. And this." He didn't explain anything but rather just went ahead and shot the arrow. The arrow hit the point just above the yellow centre making the boy smirk.

"Not bad Malfoy," Blaise said fist-bumping him.

"Wanna try Potter?"

"Sure thing." She went ahead and held the bow and placed the arrow on the bowstring. Draco was about the tell her what to do but Hailey held her finger up. "You suck at explaining." She put one finger above the arrow and two under it before pulling it closer to her jaw level. Making a rough assumption she released it. But she did not expect it to hit on the yellow parts. Closer to the centre than Draco's.

"What the..." The boy muttered. "How the hell did you do that?"

"Guess I'm just that good Malfoy." She said flipping her hair dramatically. Honestly, it was just luck. Hailey was sure it would never happen again. But hey, no one gets hurt in a little bit of bragging. No, something does get hurt. Draco's ego.

"That's impossible!" The boy shrieked. "Try again." But this time it was closer to the centre than the earlier one. "Again." Even closer. "Again." Even closer. "Again." Perfectly on the centre dot.

"Maybe she is actually good at it Draco." Blaise shrugged making him even madder.

"How? I've trained for years and she... It's her first time shooting. This isn't fair. Of course, you won't get it."

"What do you mean?" Hailey asked raising a brow crossing her arms over her chest.

"You get everything handed to you on a silver platter. You won't understand what unfair means-"

"Oh really?" She asked with a dry laugh. "Draco Malfoy, my parents were taken from me when I was one year old. I lived under a cupboard under the stairs with my brother for eleven fucking years. I was mistreated there. Then I lost my godfather when I was barely sixteen. I was tortured for months yeah, in this mansion. I almost lost my brother countless times. You see me complaining all the time?

Be grateful for what you have and fucking accept the fact that a girl can be better than you." Hailey threw the bow at Draco as hard as she could making the boy grunt in pain. She had been in a bad mood for a long time. And the boy just pressed her buttons even more.

She stormed into her room slamming the door behind her. She threw the first book she saw in fits of rage before falling on the bed with a thump.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Why are you getting this angry?

She closed her eyes with a sigh before getting back up on her feet to get the book. Only then did she notice it was no book. It was the diary Dumbledore had left for her in his will. As she picked it up she saw it was opened.

She flipped through some pages before getting to the first page.

Dear Ms Potter,
If you're reading this that means I'm probably dead...

Holy shit-

..........................