t w e n t y

Chapter: Twenty

Dumbledore's Army

Weeks had passed by.

If the situation in Hogwarts might have gotten worse. Umbridge made sure that everyone had a bad day. She made these unbelievable rules that were impossible to follow. "Maybe we should like... Form an organization ourselves." Hermione had suggested.

"How?"

"Harry could teach us. He's pretty advanced in this. He should be able to teach us a few spells."

"Yet he only uses expelliarmus." Hailey laughed. But it could come into use. He did know some good spells. And the way the ministry was running Hogwarts, they wouldn't learn anything. And with Voldemort back, they needed to be prepared to face the worse. "But I suppose we could propose the idea."

And so they did. And surprisingly, Harry agreed.

It was the day. The day they were finally going to meet in Hogs Head with all the students who were interested in learning something relevant to protect themselves from what's really out there.

Hermione, Hailey, Ron and Harry sat in the great hall along with the rest of the students as they were having breakfast. Speaking of Ron, both of them pretended as if nothing happened... Maybe they did kiss a few times again, but no one had to know about that. Especially since they didn't put any label on it.

Hermione was about to pick up her goblet to drink some water when an owl came in and dropped a letter in front of her- Well, a howler to be exact. Hailey's jaws dropped as she stared at her friend. "Why in the name of Godric is there a howler?!"

"Do you think I know that?!" She exclaimed.

"Open it."

"I'm scared."

"Do it!"

By now almost all the Gryffindors were staring at the girl. She was the goody-two-shoes. Why did she get a howler? And not to mention her parents were muggles.

Hermione slowly extended her arms to open it and-

"HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER! I FRED WEASLEY HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU AND YOU ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRL I'VE EVER SEEN- NO OFFENSE GINNY AND HAILEY! I LOVE YOU BOTH AS WELL! SO WILL YOU DO THE HONOUR AND BE MY GIRLFRIEND AND MAKE ME THE HAPPIEST WEASLEY- NO HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE?!"

The howler ended and tore itself into shreds. All eyes in the great hall- Including all the professors were now on her.

Fred stood up from where he was sitting and walked over to her. "Will you?" He asked, and for the first time, Hailey had seen Fred getting nervous. Guess everyone was scared of rejection. Everyone was now waiting for an answer. Hailey jabbed her best friend in the stomach bringing her back to reality.

"Uh yes." She replied as all the Gryffindor tables followed by the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws burst into cheers making Hermione turn the reddest she's ever been.

"Go up and at least hug him, idiot," Hailey muttered as she got up awkwardly and hugged him.

"Ahem Ahem." The hall fell silent as Umbridge walked over to the two of them. Her lips pressed in a thin line. "What are you doing Mr Weasley?"

"Asking her to be my girlfriend." He replied as if t was the most obvious thing in the world. Well, it was actually.

"This sort of behaviour will not be tolerated-"

"And that is why he will be serving detention with me for one week." Professor McGonagall said smiling at Umbridge, who frowned before going back to her seat.