t w e n t y - e i g h t

Chapter: Twenty-Eight

Ginny Being Typical Ginny

"So, you're going on a date," Harry asked as he narrowed his eyes before sitting down on his bed.

"Yeah," Ron replied as he tied his shoe lace.

"With my sister."

"No with Moaning Myrtle." He said sarcastically rolling his eyes. "Of course with Hailey. We've been together for months."

"That must mean you really like her." The boy said, his eyes were still narrowed. Ron raised his head to look up at his friend. Actually, Harry had sent a letter to Sirius informing him about Hailey and Ron's date. And Sirius had asked him to ask Ron a few particular questions.

"Mate... Yes, I really like her. I love her." He said picking up his black jacket from the bed.

"And what are your intentions with her?" Harry asked as he stood up to make himself more intimidating. Ron was taken back by attitude. "Hey, I need to interrogate you. I don't care you've been dating for months. I need answers. I need to be assured that you'll keep her safe."

"Look, I love Hailey. She makes me feel special. And she's the most nicest, kindest yet the sassiest person I've ever met. She's just like a ray of sunshine in my boring life and... She makes me want to be a better person." He spoke truthfully from his heart. "Her safety is my first priority."

"Blimey Ron... I wasn't expecting such a deep answer." Harry said as he chuckled.

"By the way, don't you have a date to get ready for?" He asked as his eyes widened.

"Shit- Yeah! I was so invested in interrogating you that I almost forgot about my own date." He said making Ron laugh out loud. He looked at himself in the mirror and fixed his hair one last time before taking the flowers he had bought for Hailey.

Lilies.

It was a bit cliché as it was her middle name, but he didn't care.

His palms were already sweating. Ron. Was. Nervous. Very nervous. Though they've been dating for almost five months, he was still nervous. He rubbed his hands on his pants before sucking in a deep breath. He was waiting in the common room for Hailey to show up.

It is okay Ron. You can do it. Just-

"Ron." The familiar voice said grabbing his attention. She was wearing a grey oversized sweater with ripped skinny jeans and a pair of yellow ochre ankle boots. "Hey."

"You look beautiful." He said making her cheeks turn red. "Like you look drop-dead gorgeous. Like the prettiest girl out there. Like-"

"Stop." She said slightly pushing him as she blushed furiously. "You're literally the main reason why I have such a big ego."

"I'm just speaking the truth love." He said with a grin. "Anyways, I bought these Lilies for Ms Hailey Lily Potter."

"Why thank you, Mr Ronald Billius Weasley. And you don't look too bad yourself." She said taking the flowers from his hand. "But you didn't have to."

"Rubbish. It's valentine's day. It's the least." He said as they walked down to the carriage. Their hands were interlocked as they made random small conversations until they reached Hogsmead.

"So what are we doing today?"

"First, we're going to three broomsticks... Cause who doesn't like butterbeer. Then we'll go to Honeydukes. We're not going to madam Puddifoot's as you don't like that place. And, Harry is taking Cho there. So is Fred taking Hermione. We're cool. We don't follow the traditions." He replied as she laughed. It's not every year they have a Hogsmead trip on Valentine's day. Everyone was out with their dates.