t w e n t y - f i v e

Chapter: Twenty-Five

Best Christmas

"What is Snape going to come here for?" Hailey asked her godfather with a disgusted look on her face.

"To teach Harry something."

"But why him? No one likes that slimy haired poor excuse of a teacher." She said with an eye roll as Sirius smiled proudly at her. He hated Snape and he was very happy to see his goddaughter hate him too.

"Well munchkin, it was Dumbledore's idea. What can I say?" He said patting her head. Munchkin was a nickname he had come up with this Christmas break. He felt like it suited her. Hailey was quite short and looked like a baby. But she was intimidating at the same time.

"I heard he doesn't give you a hard time, then why do you hate him?" Remus asked.

"Cause he hates Harry, Ron, Hermione and all the other houses except Slytherin. He hates us Gryffindor with every ounce of his body." The girl replies. "He doesn't care what I do. I never get detention. Harry's lowkey jealous of that, right Harold?" She asked poking Harry's cheek to which he groaned.

Remus gave Sirius a told you so look to which he rolled his eyes. It was almost like they were talking with their eyes. Hailey looked over at Harry who shrugged and mouthed a dunno.

Shortly after Remus left the room and Severus entered.

"Potter sit." He said in a monotonous voice.

"This my house, don't go around commanding people," Sirius said harshly.

"I don't remember asking you to come along Black. I only wanted to talk with the boy Potter." Snape said annoyed at the presence of the extra people.

"It's my house. I can go wherever I want. And Harry is my godson." Sirius said with a smirk. Snape then turned towards Hailey. "And this little Munchkin is my partner in crime. So she stays."

Hailey smirked before she and her godfather fist-bumped.

Snape sighed before starting. "The headmaster had has sent me to tell you, Potter, that it is his wish for you to study Occlumency." He said.

"Study what?" The twins asked at the same time.

"Occlumency. The magical defence of the mind against external penetration. Potter. An obscure branch of magic but a highly useful one." He said.

"That means Voldemort is trying to control Harry's mind?" Hailey asked.

"Something like that. A-"

"Why didn't you tell me anything?" She continued interrupting Snape.

"Yeah... I mean, I knew something was happening to me. Something bad. And- And I didn't want to hurt you or anything-"

"Harry..." Hailey whispered as the boy rubbed the back of his neck. He loved his sister. Of course he couldn't let anything happen to her. "You bloody idiot!" She exclaimed as he frowned. That was not what he was expecting. He was sort of expecting some sentimental words. "You could've told me! None of you tell me anything! This is so unfair! I feel so attacked!"

"It's alright Hailey," Sirius said patting her back as she crossed her arms over her chest. "We didn't want to worry you."

"Uh okay... So who is teaching me?" Harry asked.

"Me," Snape said blantly.

"But why couldn't Dumbledore teach him?" Sirius asked furiously. And again the old classmates were back at their arguing. Harry and Hailey shared a look. They hated each other so much. "Whatever you do Snape, I don't want to hear you're giving either of them a hard time."

"Oh, how sweet. You might've noticed but your godson is just like his father." Snape started.

"That I have. Both of them are like James." Sirius said proudly.

"Then you must know that Potter is arrogant-"

"Don't you dare talk about him like that!" And in seconds both of them had their wands whipped out at each other's throats.

"Sirius!" The twins yelled. They had never seen their godfather this angry before.

"You better change. Or else..."

"Or else what Black?" Snape asked with his signature sneer.

"Nothing... But what would she say?" He said and as if something hit Snape hard. He lowered his wand and shoved it in his pocket.

"Be in my class Potter." He said before rushing out.

"What would who say?" Harry asked seeing the sudden change in his professor's demeanour. But Sirius didn't answer. He left the room in silence leaving the twins behinds to their thoughts.

Who were they talking about?

Sirius pretended as of nothing happened. Everything else went by fast. Mr Weasley was released on the same day.

Mrs Weasley had given both Harry and Hailey their infamous Weasley sweater. Both of them had H on it. But Harry's was of emerald green while Hailey's was Maroon. None of them knew if it was a coincidence or not but Ron's one too was maroon. Not only that Hermione and Fred too had the matching blue.

"Oh look. Mum is already planning about your marriages." Ginny had said once she saw the matching sweaters.

"Oh no, it was a coincidence," Molly said with a giggle. "But it would be fantastic if they did. Oh, how good it would be if Hailey, Ron and Hermione, Fred got married. They're already like my daughter. But then they would be my real daughters. And-"

"Molly- Molly. Hate to burst your bubble. But let's not talk about Hailey getting married until she gets married." Sirius said as Hailey and Remus shared a look.

"How about Hailey not getting married at all," Harry suggested to which Sirius agreed happily.

"Yeah? So you can marry him?" Hailey asked snickering.

"Yes. Ron. I've been meaning to tell you this for a while. But I'm in love with you." Harry fake confessed as all of them laughed.

"Me too mate. Forget Hailey. Let's get married."  The boy said making Hailey fake gasp.

"I feel so betrayed." She said putting a hand on her chest dramatic. She reminded both Sirius and Remus so much of James. She didn't look like him. But if someone who knew James and Hailey looked properly at her. She was more like James than Harry.

Later that night, Hailey and Sirius did karaoke together. They began with their favourite muggle song Bohemian Rhapsody. It wasn't much of a surprise to Hailey that her godfather listened to muggle songs.

All of them had a great time. Harry gave her a big box of her favourite muggle chocolate. She gave him a new pair of glasses that had his initials carved on them. Hermione gave her some book while she gave her a perfume. Sirius gave her an Elvis Presley album and she gave him a watch.

Ron's gift was still the best she had received. He had given her a beautiful bracelet with keeper engraved on it.  Ginny claimed it was too cliche and boring. But Hailey wasn't going to complain. She loved it. She gave him new gloves set as he was the Gryffindor keeper.

Overall, it was the best Christmas the Potters had.