e l e v e n

Chapter: Eleven

Yule Ball

The day had finally arrived, Yule Ball.

Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement. The students were all wearing their best outfits. The halls were decorated beautifully. Hailey looked at herself one last time in the mirror. Her strawberry blonde hair was down, she wore a red gown that stopped just above her ankle.

"Hailey you look stunning," Hermione said. She looked gorgeous. Her usually bushy hair was in a nice bun. She was wearing a blue dress (a/n: says blue in the book) and her make-up was light. Overall she looks fabulous.

"Thank you. You look so pretty." She said taking her hand and squeezing it. Both of them were nervous yet very excited.

"I'm scared. What if I fall in front of everyone and embarrass myself?"

"Oh you'll be alright," Hailey assured her. She knew it was a big day for Hermione. She never liked being in the spotlight. And today, she was gonna be in front of everyone.

They peeked downstairs to see Harry and Ron standing there with the Patil twins. Hailey felt her mood change seeing Ron with Padma. He asked her as her last resort. Why? Was she that ugly? They're friends... Why was she thinking this?

__________

"Where are those two?" Harry asked who was looking good in his tuxedo.

"Maybe they are not going to come. I don't think they have dates." Ron said. He saw his elder brothers walk over to them. And he doubted what he had just said.

"Hello Harry, Ron." The twins said. "You're both looking rather handsome. Especially you Ron." Angelina, who was George's date rolled her eyes.

"Don't listen to him." She said to Ron with a smile. Her eyes travelled up to the stairs. "Hailey! Mione!" All seven of them looked up and saw the girls. Hailey felt self-conscious seeing so many eyes on her. And nervously tugged her sleeves.

"Hi guys." She muttered with a smile. "How do I look?"

"Ugly," Harry said in a beat making her jaw drop. "What just stating facts." She made a look of pure disgust before holding Fred's hand.

"You and your unnecessary opinions."

"You look beautiful." Ron blurted out turning red. In his eyes, she was the prettiest girl in the room. He quickly looked down at his feet to avoid anyone's stare.

"I know right," Fred said kissing the back of her hand. "Guess I'm the lucky bloke." With that, he started to walk towards the great hall. Ron did not miss how he winked at him.

What was he up to?

"So five galleons?" Hailey asked with a laugh walking beside him.

"Five galleons." He said as she rolled her eyes.

"But, I'm worth just 5 galleons?" She joked.

"Hailey Potter, if we sell you in a market. We'd be the richest bloke." He said with a laugh. Though she was mad at Ron, she didn't want to ruin this night. So she stood beside him. "You look good," Hailey whispered to him.