70 - The Prisoner

Start from the beginning

"Tell me, O'God, what is there in our future? Give us a chance to see the sunlight again. Save your people, Odin!"

No one answers her, as she have never been answered before ever since she was born blessed with her role. And on her knees, as she did every day, she prayed for Odin and her aura lit up the Colossus.

When, for the first time in her life, her prayer was interrupted by a deep snoring that seemed to grow, as if something were rising from the bottom of the abyss. A voice finally answered her.

A few days passed and a strange intermittent rain began to fall on Greece

A few days passed and a strange intermittent rain began to fall on Greece. On a cloudy day, in the central village of Rodorio, men, women and giants took shelter under tents to protect themselves from the rain. After the terrible battle of the Twelve Temples, old friends received with a light chest those descendants who had sought refuge far away in order not to feed a great animosity that had been created against the giants. Tale of giants, but the vast majority of its descendants were men and women taller than normal and nothing more than that. Those who, like Aldebaran or Cassius, were nearly twice the size of Seiya and his friends, were actually much closer descendants of those ancient mountain dwellers.

And now they lived relatively at peace with each other. As well known, the rupture of an authoritarian cycle like that would take time to erase its wounds.

In any case, the truth is that the feeling in the village was much lighter among the simpler people; most of the resistance was left to the guards, who had once been very loyal to the Sanctuary's former Camerlengo and who now felt challenged by anyone. There wasn't any more serious resistance, but Shaina more than once had to push herself so the guards had the right sense that things would be different now.

Raised to the rank of Master of Arms, Shaina had free access through the Sanctuary, and that rainy afternoon, she climbed the Twelve Temples and found Mayura sitting in her wheelchair on the second floor of the basilica, as she always was. She stood on a balcony, looking up at the raining sky outside.

"Master Mayura." Shaina knelt next to her.

The uncomfortable role of Pontiff of the Sanctuary fell to Mayura, as she was by far the most experienced among them all and the Sanctuary didn't even have all of its Gold Saints to give up one of them to stay in that Temple and watch the rain. For she then accumulated the function of Pontiff and Owl, which she well knew could never be the same, but from which, in that unprecedented crisis, she could not escape.

"How are Sanctuary's forces doing, Shaina?" asked Mayura, worried.

"They are still very resistant, but more and more cooperative."

"There is no room for doubt. The Holy War is approaching."

"It doesn't help that the girl is hiding in that house."

"It's the Goddess Athena you're talking about."

Shaina fell silent and what was said, was said.