16

I go home and pack and head to Tahoe.

I go back to work and tell the human services. I need need rest of of year off. This black mail case got to me. They make arrangements for someone to take my classes over.
I go home and pack my bags.  I called the Silverado and book a basic room but with a nice size tub. I drive and make it to to Silverado and check in. I cannot believe it I see Avery eating in the restaurant .
Please take my bags upstairs.  Yes mam.
I walk up to Avery's table.

May I join you? Parker what are you doing here? I needed to get away.  I took the rest of the school year off.  This student shook me good.  In all my years  of teaching , no has ever done that.  I booked a room here to relax.
Yes. Sit down.  Why are you here besides to eat? To think about your request of me. I can leave if you want. No don't be silly. You have to eat too beautiful. Beautiful.  Yes and Caliente too. How about we eat and hang out and get to know one another more.  I was going to eat and drive back to my aunts cabin.  Parker it is silly you spending your money here when you can stay in one of the guests rooms at my aunts.  I already paid for the room.. I  will be right back and please give me your credit card you used.  I promise not to charge anything scout's honor.
Okay..please order me a wrap and a zinfandel of your choosing.  Okay.
Parker handed me her credit card..I ordered the food and waited for Avery to return which tool fifteen minutes.
I am back beautiful.. Here is your receipt that reflects the sum added back to your visa and here are your bags. Thanks you are definitely full of surprises. We use several hotels up here for retreats.  Oh.
Our food and beverage arrives.  We eat and enjoy our conversation.  I insisted on paying the bill..Avery left the tip.
Please bring both of our vehicles up. Yes. MS RIZZOLI..I HOPE YOUR LUNCH WAS GOOD..YES , CHARLIE..PARKER MAY I HAVE YOYR TICKET.? Of course. 
We wait for our vehicles. They load up Parker's luggage.
Parker I need to stop to buy groceries and drinks and toiletries.  Follow me.  Okay.  I am paying for it. PARKER.  No Avery.  I thought you said my rules. Avery. 
Avery smiles and we drive to the cabin to drop my car off and leave her luggage. 
We take her hummer. I hold her hand while she drives.  Her hand is sweaty.  Poor baby is nervous.  I kiss her hand.
Parker we have to be discreet people know Bradley and I here.  No problem your rules.

I smile at Avery.  We arrive at the grocery store and we go our separate ways. Avery told me to get food, beverages and snacks for two weeks and she will do the same. I am happy she wants to spend time with me for two weeks just us. 
Avery is waiting for me by the cashier. 
Good afternoon Avery.  No deliveries this time.
Not this time. PLEASE RING BOTH OF THESE carts. Cash, plastic or on the business account.  My visa.
I placed my card to be read.

We will help you ladies out.  Thank you.

The bagger loads the bags up. We get in Parker's hummer and head back. 
My cell is ringing.
It's Bradley,  please be quiet. 
Avery intertwines my right hand with her left and answers her cell.

Aye babe how is your business going? This is what I am calling you for. I need to go to Japan to speak with the fabricator.  I won't be back until August.  August that long? Yes sweetie.  I promise to make dessert extra special.

Bradley oh darling the bed is getting cold.
Bradley you stay as long as you need. Have a moving company meet my aunt and dad at my place tomorrow.  I want all of your shit out of my place. Good bye. Avery please.

Avery hangs up her cell and throws it out the window on the freeway.
Mother fucker.  I was worried about us for one night and a day. He he has a woman in his bed.  Oh Avery I am so sorry.  What can I do to help? Just being here and holding me for now.  I can do that.   I also need to stop and buy another cell phone. Okay. No problem. 
We stopped for Avery to get another one. I waited in my car with the air conditioner on so the groceries could stay somewhat cool.
Avery returns and plugs it into my USB.
Shhh again.  Okay.
Auntie Jane please be at my place tomorrow early and ask dad to be there too.  Why baby girl? Bradley is having movers to be at my place early.  Auntie will you and my parents and  Maura pack his crap.  Avery did you make your decision already.  Not really. He has been cheating on me. Oh sweetheart I am so sorry.  Avery stay up at the cabin for the summer. I will keep the paralegals longer and hire the attorney we agreed on for part time. You sure auntie.  Yes baby girl. Auntie please don't tell anyone where I am at even Maura.  Let the family know I am okay but I won't be communicating with no one. After we are done. I am turning my cell off and I didn't bring my lap top either.  Okay baby girl. I am sorry.  Love you . Thanks auntie.  Love you too.

I turned off my cell.  My aunt requested I stay up here all summer. I have some clothes with me and others in the closets in the garage and I can always shop for more.  I  will have more closet space now.

I just held Avery until we got back and she had me park in the garage.

We started unloading everything

We started unloading everything.  We finally finished and Avery went outside to swim. 
Would you like some company? I am sorry..Yes . I didn't bring a swim suit.  I am not wearing one either.  The robes are in the bathroom with towels. Please get them with extra towels and Lipton ice teas. Will do.