53

I woke up still disappointed about not getting the position.  Today,  I would get to meet the sheriff because all captain and sergeants were expected to be at the morning meeting no exception. I drove to work still bumped.
Morning Frankie have you seen the new sheriff she is hot. Antonio don't you a
nd Atwater have something to do. Yes we do than go do it.

Your cousin's is in a bad mood still. Yeah, he didn't get the sheriff's position.  Ah man and you tell him she is hot.  Antonio at times I wonder about you.

Good morning everyone I would like you to meet the new sheriff, Yilena Salas. 
I looked up from my chair when they said her name. My whole mood changed.  She will make a good sheriff. 
Hello everyone I  am knew to this area but have been looking into our interaction with you all. I am not pleased how some of the departments are dealing with you.  This will not be tolerated while I am the sheriff. We all need to work together to be successful.  I knew the previous sheriff worked hard to have good relationships and my people will do the same.  If you have problems shoot me an email or call. Okay everyone back to your departments.
Rizzoli can we talk?
Yeah. I left you a message yesterday when I  found out you were my competitor.  I am sorry it had to be between us. Yilena I  won't lie I have been moody all yesterday and this morning until our police chief mentioned your name. You deserve it. You have more of education Dr  Salas and more experience.  Aye sorry to hear about Angela.  I ate dinner at Jane's and Maura's last night. Thanks. How is your family,  your brother and mom.  Frankie they died last year. This is why I applied for this position. I needed to start fresh. No one else knows this.  I didn't mention it to Jane. Aye do me a favor get a hold of the Rizzolis and tell them my place Friday night game night. Potluck.  I am still trying to get the kitchen together.  All the other rooms are done except for that.  Tomorrow is Friday you know. Yes this is why after work,  I am picking up some food and knocking it out. Do you need any help? I got it thanks. Okay it's good seeing you.  I need to get back and address interaction with some of the departments with you guys.  Enjoy!  Very funny Rizzoli.
Yilena left and I went back to my office. 

Frankie can we talk? SURE. I apologize about being insensitive earlier. Cousin she is attractive and am excellent cop. You know her? Yes. We worked on a few cases together when I  worked in Boston.  The entire team liked her.  Maura didn't get to meet her since we went to Miami. Cool.  I heard she is going to make interactions better like it used to be when Jay was there. YIP. Good.  I better get going.  Atwater just called me. Okay be safe out there I will.
I did a conference  call to the Rizzoli and Frost.  She forgot to mention him but knew it was an oversight.
Aye , I just met with Yilena Salas tomorrow night after work potluck. She will text me he address. She forgot to give it to me. It's game night so bring money to lose.  Also she knows about MA. She took this position because her brother and mom died. I didn't ask any questions.  You could tell it's still hard for her to talk about it. She only told me because I asked about them. My mood has changed too,  since I know it's her.  Everyone work out who is bringing what. She plans on finishing the kitchen tonight. I did offer to help.  She declined.  Talk to you later.
I hung up and started my paperwork. .I get a call from Yilena. 
Frankie forgot to give you my address. I will text you it. I invited Frost too. This was an over site.   I was going to ask him at work.  Barry. You got the message.  HERE IS MY HOME ADDRESS.  I GOT FRANKIE ON THE LINE.  I WANTED TO PERSONALLY INVITE YOU. IT'S COOL.  I  WILL BRING BBQ RIBS YOU LIKE . FRANKIE RIBS SO FAR. I GOT THE ICE  AND DRINKS. YES BEER AND WINE. Yilena I will pass the info on.  My chief is calling me. Okay bye.  Bye.
Yilena how is your second day here? Not good some of these departments need to work better with police department or heads will be rolling.  If I didn't know you have you PhD. I WOULD SAY  BETTER VOCABULARY. BARRY I DONT NEED TO IMPRESS YOU AND CAN BE myself.