Shaka was silent while Mu continued her story.

"And then, after many years, I was visited by the Owl of Athena."

"The Owl of Athena? But they were all killed by Aioros." commented Shaka.

"Not all of them. One of them managed to escape and when I saw her, I was sure that Athena was not in the Sanctuary anymore, that Aioros was falsely accused of treason. There was no place for me here anymore." Mu's words turned calm, but grave. "And now Athena is before you, Shaka."

She again silenced inside her Cosmo, until she sincerely asked Mu.

"What does a Gold Saint do when she is terribly wrong?"

Mu absorbed that question with all the weight it had for the doubts and all the certainties that Shaka had had for all these years.

"Aioria is fighting." said Mu at last.

Shiryu and Seiya's bloody battle had been interrupted by the flaming cosmos of Phoenix Ikki

Shiryu and Seiya's bloody battle had been interrupted by the flaming cosmos of Phoenix Ikki. It flashed through the mind of the Camerlengo, who fell to the throne of gold delirious in his worst nightmares. His breathing was rhythmic but very heavy, so they could hear him snoring lethargic.

"I can't imagine the size of the sins you had to relive." Ikki spoke to the man who still seemed absorbed in his demons. "I don't feel any pity for you."

And then she turned to help Shiryu, who was also suffering on the floor, already freed of her mental possession, but Ikki knew very well the pains that would still eat her mind until she was totally free. She took Shiryu in her arms and placed her right hand on her forehead. Her firy Cosmo manifested by giving a pulse to Shiryu's brain, who cried out in pain, but then calmed down.

"You will be fine, Shiryu. Listen to my voice. It's going to be OK!" she said. "Get up, Seiya. Stand up!"

On the other side, Seiya, in effect, was slowly rising to his feet, his voice wavering and painful.

"Ikki, you need to move on. You need to get to the Colossus of Athena that is behind the curtains of the Temple. You must raise the Golden Shield and point towards the House of Aries."

"What are you talking about, Seiya?" asked Ikki, not understanding.

"The Camerlengo has no power to withdraw the arrow from Saori's chest. But the Shield in Athena's left hand can ward off any evil. We must use its light, even from the top of the mountain, to remove that arrow. Go at once, Ikki, of all of us you're the one in the best shape to do it. Don't waste time with us, we'll be fine."

Ikki squinted her eyes and nodded.

"So be it, Seiya. I will return as soon as I have made the Shield of Athena shine."

"You won't do any of that."

The cracked, gravelly voice came from the Camerlengo, who seemed to have awakened on the golden throne, though his voice was still syncopated and weary. Ikki put herself on guard when she saw him, little by little, rise from the throne. The standing Camerlengo tore off his black cassock, as well as the golden helm he wore, tossing them to the side, standing stark naked in front of her.