Chapter 30: Kiss Me

Start from the beginning

     "Don't say that, you're exaggerating! Besides, I'll be fine."

     "Jimin, I can't tell if it gets too cold for you, so you will have to tell me."

       "Let me guess, you have a built-in heater for your system if it gets too cold?" Jimin asked and watched as Jungkook looked at him and smiled. "Of course you do,"

      "Well humans don't so I suggest we go back the second you begin to freeze. It will only get colder once the sun is setting," Jungkook stated and watched as Jimin gave a nod and became silent as they walked forward. Enjoying the scenery, but all Jungkook could do was catch onto the way Jimin's beautiful smile began to die down into a solemn look and finally to a gloomy one the second he watched the waves crash onto the shore continuously.

      This was something Jungkook couldn't understand when it came to things like this. All he could notice is the way Jimin began to silence all thoughts in his head while the memories of his past began to echo from afar. All those cherishing smiles and laughter within a bright and sunny day at the beach with his partner at the time were memories that will always haunt him. It was so bright and sunny before but now it was cold and the sun was leaving. Again, Jungkook wanted to hold Jimin's hand and distract him, but he only refrained from doing so and only observed the human as he faced these emotions that were foreign in the world of an android.

      A handful of minutes passed them by as they continued to walk slowly in silence. The sound of the car keys chimed within Jungkook's pocket at every step they took, yet, they were inferior to the howl of the cold wind and the waves that began to rise in the tide.

      "It's getting cold..." Jimin finally spoke up and managed to make Jungkook's eyes scatter around to see that they had quite a distance from the car.

      "Maybe if we walk back now, we can continue to catch the sunset at this rate-"

       "No... this is fine," Jimin whispered and finally stopped walking as he looked forward at the sun already beginning to tuck itself into the ocean from afar. "I can still see it," Jimin added as Jungkook finally stopped walking and kept his distance. "I'm tired of walking... but I want the warmth of the car... I underestimated how cold it would be but it's lovely," the human continued and tilted his head at the sight of the warm sun still managing to give all the warmth it could before it could leave for the night. "I remember coming here when the sun would hide behind the many clouds on a bright day. I would get so upset that the sun would beam on my face and give me a tan... my face would completely be a different shade compared to the rest of my body! Ah, but I miss the sun now... I miss it when it's cold, and I miss it when I used to have so many good memories with him."

      Jungkook only listened as he stepped beside Jimin and began to focus his blue gaze to the sunset afar, giving the sky a bright orange tone to overcome the pink that surrounded it.

      "What did you like to do here at the beach with him?" Jungkook curiously asked as Jimin smiled to himself.

       "We wouldn't even get in the water... all because he was lazy and there were too many people. He hid under the shade most of the time and I did the same. But it was moments like that I enjoyed. I took a picture of the beach the day he looked at me and said 'I love you'," Jimin whispered and began to tear up. "I knew he was programmed to say it... all androids are so they don't know the importance of how special those words are... he didn't know how special it was to me and I absolutely couldn't contain how happy I was. He would laugh and push me away if I tried to hug him and cause a few strangers to stare, but I didn't care. I was afraid of the eyes that would watch over me, but he protected me then so I didn't care... I didn't care at all..."

      The more Jimin spoke, the more his warm tears fell from his eyes as he watched the sun setting further and further down. "Now the sun is leaving me with the longing of warmth... and the endless memories I'll never see again. Will I ever hear him whisper the words, 'kiss me', in the most shyest tone to his soft voice ever again? He would always say that to me and I to him... I guess I'll never say it to him ever again...but maybe to another," Jimin concluded.

      Jungkook allowed Jimin to finish as he finally found it in him to step forward and carefully place his hand over Jimin's head to feel the cold strands of his hair press against the bottom of his palm. Jungkook's gentle pat was warm and assuring, the human blushed at the action and finally smiled through his tears.

      "You won't... but that's okay... In time, you'll learn to smile at those memories. Now, you will cry but that's completely okay," Jungkook stated. Beginning to run his hand over Jimin's hair and mess it up. "That's all for the moment before moving on."

      "You're right..." answered Jimin as he took a minute longer before turning around and facing Jungkook. "I'm getting cold, but I want to stay here longer..."

      "Let's go back to the car then," Jungkook claimed and stepped in front of Jimin before removing his own coat and placing it over Jimin's shoulders. Not really needing the warmth of it but only wore it for the occasion. "Are you still tired? I'll carry you on my back if you are. Humans tend to get a little lazy so I understand."

      "The amount of research you have on humans is always a hilarious thing to me," Jimin mentioned with a giggle as Jungkook only chuckled and crouched lower so Jimin could crawl onto his back.

      The second Jimin crawled onto the back of the android, he quickly ran his hands up the creations's back, feeling the firm muscles before he latched his body onto his. There, Jungkook stood up without a struggle and began to walk forward with the warmth of his heater giving a reasonable body temperature a human would have. Jimin locked his hands at the center of Jungkook's chest and could feel every beat to his heart all while Jungkook only walked further and held onto Jimin by his legs against his hips. The more he walked the more he felt free enough to allow his eyes to shift into the hue he was hiding all along.

      The color of cherry blossoms matching the pink sunset hue was the tone Jungkook's eyes remained on as he walked and listened to Jimin giggles and speak about how much he loved the sunset. It was quite a walk back, but they enjoyed every second of it since they spoke of a few things about how lovely the beach was and how lucky they were to be the only ones there. Once they reached the car, Jungkook opened the back door and set the pillows and blankets up where Jimin sat right at the center.

       Together, they sat down in the back of the car and looked through the window to watch the rest of the sunset. Jimin was quick to take a picture of this very moment and kept it in his gallery in contrast to the bright and sunny picture he had of the same beach. Eventually the skies became darker with the dark blue swarming around as the bright palettes of pink and orange had left along with the bright sun and those memories Jimin cherished with Yoongi long ago. The two laid next to each other, allowing their conversation to trail off into minutes of endless silence. Jimin no longer cried at the thought of Yoongi and even if deep down he still had a long way to go, he no longer felt the bond he had with his old partner. That interest he had in Jungkook blossomed and the second he looked to his left where the android was, he could catch onto the pink gaze he had over his chilling eyes. Showing that he admired the colors of the skies and the endless seconds he spent with Jimin that night.

     The human's heart raced at what he longed to say as Jungkook remained there, acknowledging the stare he was given by the human but of course, he didn't want to hide the hue in his eyes. He only smiled to himself and finally found it in him to look to the right and embrace the slip of a beat in his artificial heart the second his eyes met with Jimin's. Once they locked eye contact and turned their bodies to face each other instead of the dark skies of the night sky, they took it upon themselves to last a little longer counting the second to another few minutes passing them by; speaking the language only they knew with their eyes.

       Despite all the nerve racking chills Jimin would receive every second he would look into Jungkook's eyes, he couldn't fight back the words he longed to say. Jimin let out an exhale and fought away every urge not to run away now and came to the conclusion that Yoongi wasn't staying in his heart anymore. There the human remained until he pulled his full and plump lips apart until he finally spoke to the android that anticipated every word he longed to say.

      "Jungkook... Kiss me..."