Manga Chapter 10

So far the chapters are each of the quint's perspective on the first day of the festival so I don't really see this as important much. But I'm gonna write it anyway.

(Nino's POV)

I overheard some juniors saying they heard I was at the plaza. It confused me a little because I was no where near the plaza to begin with.

I look back in the room where all my partners were in. They were trying to solve a puzzle which I sighed and crouched down to look at the puzzle closer.

Nino: Mumumu... How vexing...

Bea: Don't you have something to do at 3:00, Nino?

Chiyo: I actually have an appointment at that time.

(A/N: Those aren't really their names. I just came up with it.)

Chiyo: Seems like my parents are swinging by after work.

Bea: Ah, and my family is already here at the school. But I don't mind if the three of us keep-

Nino: No! They took the time to come here! This isn't where you should be at a moment like this! There's still some time before the day's over. Go spend as much time with them as you can.

Chiyo: Huh? But you're-

Nino: Don't worry about me! Just go!

The two looked at each other before sighing and nodding. They then proceeded to leave and thank me for letting them spend time with their family.

I then looked toward the puzzle and cracked my knuckles.

Nino: Now, then...

Fu-kun: All we have to do is solve this puzzle, right?

I jumped upon hearing his voice. It wasn't [N/N] but it's still nice to see someone I'm close to at least.

Nino: Fu-kun. Why are you here?

Yotsuba: It's almost 3:00. We came to get you for the meeting.

Nino: Even Yotsuba's here. Where's [N/N]?

Fu-kun: [Y/N]'s still busy helping around. He should be at the meeting at the exact time.

Yotsuba: Alright, now take it away, Uesugi-san! I'll try my best, too.

Fu-kun: There's a space between 20 and 0. 0th month 0th day... I see. This is %... 20%... 20% of 100 yen is 20% (Ni-Juu En) Ni-Juu En...

Yotsuba: Hmm... 100 yen shop...

Fu-kun: Ni-Juu En... Double Circles! (Ni-Juu En) We're going to the double circles!

Nino: Huh? Ni-Juu? Ahh, so that's how it is. As expected of the nerd.

Fu-kun: What are you doing? How long do you plan to wear that flashy get up?

Nino: But... I wanted [N/N] to see it.

Fu-kun looks at me and then chuckles as he puts his hand on my head.

Fu-kun: Don't worry. If anything, he wouldn't shut up about seeing you on that stage.

Yotsuba: He wouldn't admit it but we knew he thought you were cute! It was really clear! I was actually supposed to be on that stage but Nino took over for me.

Fu-kun: So that's what happened. No wonder it felt so out of place.

Nino: What's that supposed to mean!?

Fu-kun: Yotsuba, you accept request from everyone to easily. You're even helping the drama club, right? How were you planning on juggling the practices for both.