Chapter 21

As I look down the cliff, the last thing I see is Nino reaching out to me. Or so I thought.

Nino managed to grab the lucky charm Raiha made for me. Nino pulled as hard as she could as I pull myself as well. I managed to live just by a second thanks to Nino. I landed on top of her as a big blush was on both of our faces.

[Y/N]: Thanks...

Nino: I should be the one thanking you.

I sat up as I wrapped the lucky charm back around my wrist. I helped Nino sit up and looked down at the spikes and just the thought of me falling down there. Brings me chills.

[Y/N]: Where is your sister, though. Maybe she really did head back.

I looked at Nino and she seemed really quite all of a sudden. A blush on her face as we both sit down looking into each others eyes.

Nino: I'm sorry but I-I don't think I can move... I'm scared... C-Can you hold my hand?

[Y/N]: What?

Nino: Y-You know, we might be in for more scares here. What am I saying to a guy I just met for the first time? Forget I said that.

She looks away, embarrassed of what she just said as I stare at her. Seeing this side of Nino was rare, in my eyes. She's so vulnerable right at this moment.

[Y/N]: I see. Alright.

I take off my good luck charm and put it in Nino's hand. I closed her hand and smiled as I let her see it.

[Y/N]: It's a really powerful good luck charm. Hang onto it, and it'll protect you for sure.

A smile was then plastered on her face as well as a blush that I've never seen before. I stood up and looked down the cliff before looking back at Nino.

[Y/N]: There're rumors that it'll even grant your wishes. Just for you.

Nino: *giggles* Will you be here tomorrow as well, [F/N]-kun?

[Y/N]: I'm not quite sure but maybe.

Nino: My school's having a campfire tomorrow. There's a legend about the folk dance that we do. Any pair that's holding hands during the finale ends up together.

[Y/N]: Yeah?

Nino: Some even say you'll get together just by holding hands once. The shyer students do it secretly, out of sight.

[Y/N]: Really?

Nino: It's so overblown and childish.

Wind suddenly blows as the moon's light shimmers in the forest. Being exposed to the light, Nino's skin glows even more in sight. Her eyes so innocent and pure that I really find hard to believe and her hair blown by the wind. It was beautiful. She... was beautiful.

Nino: [F/N]-kun... Would you dance with me?

[Y/N]: Nino...

Nino: I'll be waiting.

I can't let this happen. I have to tell her I'm not whoever the fuck [F/N] is. I can't let her be so vulnerable.

[Y/N]: Nino, I'm not who you think I am...

Nino: Huh?

[Y/N]: You see... it's me... [Y/N].

I take off the wig and Nino's face was getting even more red. Just the knowledge of knowing that it's me... What else can be in her mind except for wanting to kill me right now.

Nino: No... So... You were playing with me all along!?

[Y/N]: Nino, I can explain.

Nino: I don't wanna hear it! Get out of my sight!