Season 2 Chapter 14

It was yet another day after school. I was headed to the quint's place because Itsuki said she left something at home so I came to get it for her. Walking up the stairs, I see Ichika crouched in front of the window, looking inside making me tilt my head.

Ichika: Why did I end up liking him...?

[Y/N]: The fuck are you doing? Are you alright?

Ichika: E-Eh!? [Y/N]!?

She turns around and hits the top of her hand against the iron bars. She then winces in pain and holds her hand as she sits on the ground.

[Y/N]: Seriously, the fuck are you doing?

Ichika: W-Wh-Why...

Ichika quickly got up to her feet as I backed away since she got up so close.

[Y/N]: Itsuki said she left her reference book so, I came to get it.

Ichika: O-Oh, I think I threw that away the other day.

[Y/N]: What!?

Ichika: I-I'm go buy another one! Come with me.

She begins to push me back down the stairs with her to the bookstore. Why the fuck would she even throw away Itsuki's reference book? Also, I hope her hand is okay.

Ichika: Can you help me practice my script later? Why are you wearing a scarf? Hey, I should get you something, too!

[Y/N]: Did you get hit in the head? Are you alright?

Ichika: Here you go!

She then throws a yellow jacket at me. Not sure why, though. I already have a hoodie, why would I need a jacket? Wait, this jacket resembles Ichika's.

Ichika: It's a spare in case this one gets dirty.

I then sighed and chuckled as I put the jacket around my waist just like Ichika. She blushes seeing how we're matching right now in public as I look through the bookshelf.

[Y/N]: Found it. The reference book you threw awa- Holy shit.

Ichika: Huh? What is it?

[Y/N]: This thing's fucking expensive.

I then felt a tap on the back of my head as I look at Ichika. She puts a finger over her mouth as she points to a kid watching us.

Ichika: Watch your language.

[Y/N]: I'm sorry but cursing is just how I fuckin talk.

Ichika: [Y/N]!

She taps the back of my head harder as I looked at her and tapped her forehead with the reference book.

[Y/N]: I'll pay for the reference book.

Ichika: What's that?

She looks at my other hand which holds the book I picked out. "Guide to becoming a better person." was the title of the book. Ichika managed to see the title as she looked at me dead in the eyes.

Ichika: You don't need to be a better person, [Y/N]. You're great enough.

I widened my eyes upon hearing that. Never has anyone really said that except for Raiha. And sweet pineapple sauce, it's nice to hear someone say that.

I paid for the book since I know Ichika's savings isn't really that much. Leaving the bookstore, I suddenly hear her wince in pain. I look and see a bruise from hitting the iron bars earlier as I sighed.

[Y/N]: You're so clumsy. Be careful.

Ichika blushes when I pat her head as I turned around and began walking away. Ichika follows me as I head back to Itsuki to give her the reference book.