Season 2 Chapter 15

I'm thankful enough my boss let me borrow his bike but... where the hell would Nino go? This is stupid... She managed to pass the final exam but she's stupid for not celebrating with the others.

[Y/N]: Where are you, Nino?

(Nino POV)

I was at dad's apartment. It could be the only place they wouldn't expect me to go to. Unless it's him... [Y/N]...

No. I can't. He doesn't... think anything of me... I've always been that tsundere that's easy to tease. There's no way someone like [Y/N] would think anything of me.

I then see a car pull up as I look to that it was Dad. He exits the car and walks up to me.

Dad: You're back, Nino-kun.

Nino: Dad. I told you not to call me that. It creeps me out.

Dad: Sorry about that, Nino. I just received word that you all passed the exams. The six of you managed to pull it off. Congratulations. 

Nino: Th-Thanks.

Dad: It seems I have no choice but to approve of Uesugi-kun and [Y/N]-kun. So from now on, he can come here to-

Nino: I'm not going to see him, I mean them, anymore. Also we've decided to stay at our new place for a while longer.

Dad looked at me, not really happy with what I said. But I can't see them. I can't see him. And we have to start working as well.

Dad: What did you say?

Nino: We're not going to make Ichika do all the work, of course. I'm going to get a job, too. I'm not going to pretend we've become independent or anything. I know we're not doing the right thing, either. But I have a feeling that living like that will change us. I feel like I've made some progress.

Dad: I fail to understand.

Knowing dad, this must've been a devastating moment. He's just that desperate to have all of us back home. But we've made our decision and we're staying with it.

Dad: Abstract ideas like "progress" couldn't be less convincing. I've seen your so-called home. To me, it looks like you've gone backwards. You mustn't have forgotten in just five years.

I was shocked for him to bring up something like that. The life we had before mom remarried to this guy. I can't believe him.

Dad: You don't want to live like that anymore, do you? Stop being selfish and-

???: Stop being a fucking idiot every single second.

I shielded my eyes from the blinding light that was approaching the two of us. As the light dissipates, I see that the person who I've wanted to see but can't. As if he was on a white horse like the prince charming I've always waited for.

[Y/N]: There you are, Nino. Good grief, you're such an idiot. Let's go back to the others.

Even with that cool motorbike, he looks so cool! I can feel my face heating up just seeing him take off the stupid helmet. It's as if he's moving in slow motion. What the hell am I thinking? It's [Y/N]!

Nino: Wh-What is that!?

[Y/N]: Hurry up and get on. We need to get back before work.

He then tosses a helmet at me as I catch it. Looking at my dad, [Y/N] scratches the back of his head before bowing down to him.

[Y/N]: Good evening, Mr. Nakano.

Dad: [Y/N]-kun.

[Y/N] gives him a smile but Dad just glares at him. I can feel something burning between their gazes. It feels like hell.