Chapter 17

Yotsuba: Because... I like one of you.

...

Huh?

Wait...

What?

Yotsuba then puts a smile on her face as Futaro and I looked at each other. Guessing that Yotsuba might have liked one of us.

Yotsuba: Just kidding.

Futaro and I looked at Yotsuba dumbly with a mixture of confusion and disappointment. Yotsuba then stands up with a smile.

Yotsuba: Ha! You fell for it! Thunder Cross Split Atta-

《 THIS AIN'T JOJO 》

Yotsuba: Ha! You fell for it! I can lie when I wanna, too!

She runs away as Futaro and I looked at each other and nodded.

Futaro and [Y/N]: We won't trust anyone anymore.

And so the heart of Futaro and mine has grown a little more colder.

(The next day)

Yotsuba: School camp! School camp! School camp!

My back being turned away from Yotsuba as she runs in the library. She sees Futaro, Miku and I as she approaches us.

Yotsuba: Uesugi-san! [Y/N]-san! School camp is coming up!

I put on a wig and a mask as I look at Yotsuba. She screams in terror as I take the wig and mask off.

[Y/N]: It's me.

Yotsuba: [Y/N]-san!

I put the wig back on as she screams in terror yet again.

Yotsuba: Who are you!?

I take it off again revealing my face.

[Y/N]: It's me.

Yotsuba: Thank goodness.

I put it on again as she screams in terror again.

Yotsuba: Who are you!?

I take it off as she screams louder. I put it back on as she continues to scream louder and louder.

Yotsuba: Help me!

The sound of someone clearing their throat can be heard as Yotsuba and I see that it was the librarian. She puts on a stern gaze as Yotsuba and I just stared at her.

Librarian: Be quiet in the library.

[Y/N] and Yotsuba: Sorry.

She walks away as Yotsuba looks at the box Futaro was looking into to see a bunch of weird masks. I put the wig and mask down on the table and sigh.

Yotsuba: What are you doing with all these costume masks?

Miku: Futaro and [Y/N] are on the test of courage planning committee.

Yotsuba: Eh? That's a surprisingly social thing for you two to do.

Futaro: It wasn't a choice. Our class was on the test of courage duty, and our classmates dumped it on our heads while we were busy studying.

Yotsuba: Poor thing.

Miku: They deserved it.

I put on the wig and mask again as I put on a sinister smile underneath it.

[Y/N]: And with this, we're going to get back at them by scaring the shit out of them. We'll make it a night they won't forget.

Miku: You two're totally into it.