Manga Chapter 13

(Yotsuba POV)

I've been helping everyone that I can and I was also praised for being a good actor. I highly doubt it, though. I even got a free voucher from the karaage stall.

Looking around to see if anyone else needs help, I see someone carrying chairs. Knowing exactly who that is I walk up to him.

[Y/N]: For fucks sake... I'm almost at my limit...

He continues to carry the chairs until he suddenly trips on a rock and was about to fall. I then swooped in and caught him as he was surprised to see me.

Yotsuba: You've been working hard, haven't you?

[Y/N]: Well, yeah. I'm sure you've been working 2x harder than I am.

Yotsuba: Don't you want to rest for a bit? I'l handle the chairs.

[Y/N]: No, it's okay. I'll take care of it.

Yotsuba: [Y/N]-san, I'm worried about you. So I'm not moving unless you go and take a rest.

He stayed silent for a moment but his stomach sure didn't. I chuckled and took out the free voucher from the karaage stall.

Yotsuba: You have eaten since this morning, have you? Here.

[Y/N]: What's this?

Yotsuba: It's a free voucher from the karaage stall.

[Y/N]: Thanks, but I wouldn't want you to waste it on me. Here, keep it.

Yotsuba: Ehh?? Nono! Just take it!

[Y/N]: Yotsuba.

Yotsuba: [Y/N]-san.

We continued to stare at each other as [Y/N]-san begins to laugh. I was a littlr confused so I laughed as well.

[Y/N]: Fine. I'll take it. Are you sure about this?

Yotsuba: Yup! My tummy's full so-

I was cut off by the sound of my stomach growling. [Y/N]-san looked at me with a deadpan as I quickly turned around to run.

Yotsuba: M-My tummy's already full, so it's okay! Now time to get some stuff moved!

[Y/N]: Yotsuba. Thanks. I'm glad to have you around.

I stopped myself from running as I put on a smile. I then turned to look at [Y/N]-san as he picks up the chairs.

Yotsuba: What are you saying? It's only natural to help each other out.

[Y/N]: Yeah, I guess...

I should be the one saying that. Just hearing you and Uesugi-san acknowledge me, makes everything feel like it was worth it. I'm glad I worked so hard.

Without thinking, I took the chairs from [Y/N]-san's hands and ran off. I could hear him yelling to come back and give him back the chairs which only made me laugh.

(After 3 PM)

The day was almost over. I was in the classroom where all the other class representatives were. Just hearing what Uesugi-san said to me...

Uesugi-san: Yotsuba. I like you.

I then slapped both my cheeks to get myself away from thinking anything like that. What Uesugi-san said to me was sudden yet... I'm so happy to hear him say that...

Suddenly the door bursted open as Azuki-san was panting to catch up with his breath.

Azuki: We have a problem! The takoyaki stall! It's going up in flames!