Season 2 Chapter 20

Boss: You're a genius!

Nino: You are a good teacher, boss.

I was watching Nino getting praised by the boss without even stepping in the kitchen. I know I'm off limits from it during work hours so what gives me the option to even step inside.

Before Nino could see me, I hid away and decided to get working. Being a waiter and everything, I feel like I'm more distant with Nino than before. Was I avoiding her? I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea.

After a couple hours, I decided to go for a break so I went to the kitchen to inform the boss. Nino was exceptionally working very hard. It must be because that May person is coming.

The boss offered Nino to take a break but she was insistent in wanting to keep working. I decided to go to the back and take a break until I see Nino coming to take a break as well.

Nino: What do I do? Everyone seemed busy because of me. I should go back and-

[Y/N]: The boss said it, too. It's not your fault. It's enitrely his fault for pushing so much work onto the new recruit.

She looked down as I get up from my seat. I then got the box I just put back earlier as I put it on the table. Showing Nino my mistake I sighed.

[Y/N]: They're Santa decorations that I accidentally bought a thousand of instead of a hundred. Oh, and over here, I can't count the number of times I served cakes to the wrong customer or broke dishes. Compared to that, your mistake was trivial.

Nino: Are you... trying to cheer me up?

I widened my eyes as I noticed what I was doing. I then looked at Nino as a blush rose up to my cheeks.

[Y/N]: I-It's the least I can do.

Nino: Sorry to make things awkward for you. It must be hard working with me.

[Y/N]: I've worked a ton of jobs, but every time something happens, I realize... all I'm ever good for is studying.

Nino: Eh?

[Y/N]: All I am is smart, the top of the class, and easily qualified to tutor the five of you.

Nino: You sound way too confident.

[Y/N]: So technically... this is the first time... Someone has told me they loved me. I didn't know how to talk to you so all I did was butter things up... My true answer is-

Nino: Wait! I know you don't like me.

[Y/N]: What...?

Nino: I've been so nasty to you. But don't make up your mind yet. We're finally working together, and I haven't gotten to tell you anything yet. So I want you to know me better. I want you to really know how much I love you!

Our cheeks were basically red from all the blushing. I then turned to the side and began walking out of the room while pinching the bridge of my nose.

[Y/N]: That so?

Nino: *Blushes even more*

We left the room as the first thing I see is Futaro with boss. He sees me as he waves to me.

Futaro: Perfect timing, you two. The May person is here.

[Y/N]: Got it. I'll be right there.

Boss: What's wrong, [Y/N]-kun? Your face is red up to your ears.

[Y/N]: Must be your imagination.

IT'S NOT. Everything Nino said swayed me! But it's not like I was going to reject her or anything. I just... wanted to remain friends and shit.