Chapter 43 - Unexpected meeting

Start from the beginning

"Ne, unnie?"

"I got a job for you. I'm still finalizing the deal with the other party, so I can't really disclose anything to you just yet."

"Really? Then... Why are you telling me this now? Also, only me?"

"Just saying. Also, yes. It'll just be you."

"Interesting. I'm starting to look forward to it."

"You're gonna love it." They continued eating in silence, having nothing to talk about other than the weather. Irene was then reminded of the situation they were in a month prior, and was curious whether Yuri had started to move on, or was still in square one.

"Have you been feeling well, Yuri-ah?" Irene asked, being concerned for her member.

"Mm? What do you mean? It's not like I'm sick or anything." Yuri replied, oblivious to what Irene actually meant by her question.

"You know what I mean. Have you started to.. you know, move on?" Her smile faded after realizing what her manager had meant.

"Oh. Well... I can't say that I'm starting to feel better than before. I still have trouble sleeping, thinking about how I could fix this relationship between us."

"I think it's better for you to start moving on. You're an idol, after all. Surely you knew the consequences the moment you debuted, right?"

"I know unnie, but what if Y/N-oppa isn't thinking of backing down on our relationship? What if he's also thinking of ways for us to get back together?"

"I'm sure he knows that it's not worth the risk. What if he's in the process of moving on from what you two used to be, and is now more focused on music?" She countered, hoping to make Yuri realize that everything she had with Y/N had ended, and it was time for her to move forward.

Yuri felt her tears forming up after hearing Irene's assumptions towards Y/N, thinking that whatever she said could be the truth and that he's not thinking of her anymore. Irene realized how harsh she was with her words, and apologized to the younger.

"I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, Yuri-ah." She patted her on the back, calming her emotions down.

"I'm not saying that I don't want you to be in love, Yuri-ah. But you're still in your early years as an idol. Your group is one of the fastest rising groups out of the others as of now. Give it a few more years, and then it'll be safer for you to start dating. Who knows? Y/N might still have feelings for you, and then you'll be able to get back together with each other. But at this time in your career, you'll need to fully focus on building your career and make the best out of it. You can't let things such as love hold you back from what you dreamed of."

"...But how? It just keeps coming into my mind, unnie."

"We'll start by focusing on your next schedule. Try not to think of him anymore, okay? Make yourself busy with other things. Practicing, playing, or even doing your hobby."

"I guess I'll try...? I don't know. I'll try and look for something to do. Thank you, unnie."

"Just talk to me if you ever need something."

__________

Y/N is currently by himself, feeling the wind blowing past him as he leaned towards the railing, gazing at the view in front of him. He was on top of a hill, a place where he'd usually go when he was still in high school. It was a place where he'd forget most of his problems and just enjoy the city lights.

Fortunately for him, there weren't that many people at the site as the place was only known by the neighborhood surrounding it. Y/N was lucky enough to know of the place after his grandfather had shown, only for him to become addicted to it and would come a few times a week.

He eventually stopped at some point, due to preparing hard for the upcoming survival show he was going to be in. The thought of going to the hill did come in his mind often, though he never did go in the end. He forgot all about it after he had debuted, only to come back once his problems were starting to feel too much for him to handle.

He grunted, gluing his forehead to the railing. The fact that his grandmother's condition was starting to worsen drew more pressure for him.

"I guess it's time for my life to have its downs, huh? Just when I thought that things were getting better, it just slid downhill."

He lifted his head up, resting his chin by the railing with both of his hands under it. He continued to ponder, thinking whether he did something wrong as of recent for him to

Just when he was about to go home, a person stood in front of him, stopping his steps. He was about to look up, when he heard her mention his name. He was surprised, after realizing who was in front of him.

"Heejin?" He called. "Wh- you're here?"

"Yeah. I usually come here a few times a week." She replied.

"I see. I never expected to see you here, after..." Flashbacks started to roll in his mind. Heejin immediately stopped him from going further.

"Don't say it! Just... I'm glad that I got to see you here, after a long time. Ignoring the time where we met at the airport, of course." She smiled, with Y/N doing the same.

"Wait, why would you come here often?"

"Being a barista is physically tiring, Y/N. Not to mention the customers I had to face throughout my work. Ugh." He chuckled at her rants.

"We shouldn't be standing while talking. Shall we sit down for a moment?"