Mirroring his smile I jumped off the counter and got to work making breakfast,I had to ask him a couple of times how to find some things and he had to help me use some things such as the stove;he was still in overprotective babysitter mode not wanting me to 'burn myself' and whatnot.

Once I'd served up our omelettes we went into the dining room with our plates and sat down,my shirt- or well technically Sam's shirt went up slightly showing the diaper making my pull it down blushing.

Before I had sat down Sam was hesitant on letting me sit down on the chair "if I can cook an omelette I can sit on a damn chair" I said annoyed glaring at him.

True to my words I did make a great omelette and Sam agreed,I laughed watched him swallow forkful after forkful;he looked like a tiger being fed at the zoo.

"You eat like an animal it's disgusting" I said pulling a grossed out face.

He gave me a look before placing down his own fork and grabbed my own taking a bit piece shoving it in my mouth.

The forkful he took was too big for my mouth making bits of egg fall out of my mouth "who's the disgusting one now?" he teased,I swallowed the big mouthful.

I rolled my eyes at him "y'know for me being the supposed child here you're acting pretty childish" I stated as I cut up a reasonable sized piece of omelette putting it in my mouth "well for you being the child here you're pretty boring" he replied.

"At least I'm not disgusting" I said "at least I'm not boring" Sam told me making us both laugh,our laughter was cut short as Pepper entered the room.

Giving Sam a worried look he mouthed 'she already knows' to me.

Nodding my head in response relieved I look up at Pepper "so have you asked her about calling her mommies?" She asked Sam seemingly ignoring my presence.

"Pepper! I was waiting until it was the right moment to ask her" he scolded also now seemingly ignoring my presence,being annoyed I placed my fork down loudly creating a small clanking sound making them both look at me "you know you could just ask said 'her' who is sat right here" I responded irritated.

The woman gave me a stern look "enough with the atti-" she started lecturing me but she was cut off by Sam "she's right pepper it's her decision" he defended me making my smile up at it "don't look so pleased I'll let her spank you next time" he said.

"However how would you feel about calling Natasha and Wanda?" He questioned before I could even respond to his previous statement.

I placed a forkful in my mouth delaying the response shortly as I thought about it,when I swallowed I spoke up "I don't want to call them..not yet" I replied.

It was clear that Pepper was going to try convince me otherwise so Sam spoke for her "me and Pepper don't want to pressure you into anything so take as long as you need" Sam said as I nodded.

Thankfully instead of trying to convince me she also nodded "so who's Lexi?" she decided to ask leaning against the doorframe "how do you know about Lexi?" I questioned confused,I've not mentioned her previously have I?

"Sam told me,he said you kept on saying her name last night" the blonde explained "well to answer your question she's my sister" i dryly stated making Sam look at me with a sympathising look recalling what I was saying last time, "oh" Pepper said "oh indeed" I sarcastically responded.

Deciding I was done with this conversation I stood up clearing my throat,I picked up the now empty plates that had once held omelettes and headed to the kitchen.

"I'll wash the dishes" I said leaving.

I didn't even need to look back to know that Sam was presumably giving me a worried look at my sudden disinterest in the conversation and from what i said last night he probably assumed it was a sensitive subject.

As I washed the dishes I rolled my eyes even though nobody could see it.

Lexi was none of their business and they had no right to ask about her,she was my fucking stupid sister not theirs;I sighed when I noticed I was holding the sponge to hard my knuckles were turning white I dropped the sponge.

Watching as the soapy sponge hit the sink I sighed I couldn't let Lexi affect me when she wasn't even here,that would be allowing her to win.

"Getting angry there?" He joked trying to make conversation "you could say that" I told him placing the now clean dishes on the rack "y'know we have a dishwasher right?" he laughed making me feel stupid however I wasn't gonna let him know that.

I crossed my arms "I enjoy washing dishes" I defended myself.

He hummed entertained "sure sure" he replied with a grin on his face "by the way the phone that was in your hoodie pocket is in my beside drawer if you want it" he said however the phone isn't what I was worried about "what about the hoodie?" I asked trying to play it off cool but the panic was evident in my voice.

"I left it in the corner,forgot to pick it up" he admitted embarrassed rubbing the back of his neck "does it have some type of importance?" Sam inquired.

Contemplating whether to tell him or not I chose the former "it's Natasha's" I bluntly said looking back down at the sponge,fortunately he didn't say anything and just nodded with an understanding look on his face.

"You know you can always talk to me about whatever right? No judgement"

"I know" I replied offering him a small smile.

He sensed that I didn't want to talk about this subject anymore "would this be a bad time to ask if you want to colour?" He questioned.

Yes colouring was childish however it was also a distraction which is something that I desperately needed especially at this time,I nodded appreciatively.

Sam picked me up from behind making my shriek quietly surprised at the sudden touch however it was slowly turned into laughter as he started tickling me "glad to know you're still as ticklish as ever" he told me.

I could confidently say that I missed Sam

_________________________

Authors note

Song suggestion: Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like to have but I have it by Lana Del Rey

Do I really need to explain this song?