Epilogue: And they died. Happily Ever After

A gentle breeze wove through the air, and the small creaks from the swing could be heard as we swung back and forth. Our hair was gray, and wrinkles were seen at every corner. Our fingers, now long and bony, still remained entwined after all these years. I felt content. At peace. I breathed in slowly, opening my eyes to look at my wonderful husband.

"Happy Anniversary, my love."

"Happy Anniversary, Noah." The swing slowed to a stop. I could feel the energy slowly drifting away from our bodies. We stared into the distance, watching the sun slowly set.

"Seventy years of marriage." I stated, wondering how we had made it this far.

"Sing to me, my love." He laid down in my lap, and I wove my fingers through his soft hair.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." He smiled looking up at me.

"You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear-" His voice joined in with mine.

"How much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away." We finished together, our voices now old and gravelly. We chuckled tiredly at each other. He kissed the back of my hand.

"I love you." I confessed.

"I love you more." All these years, and we still had the same debate. I closed my eyes, savoring the feel of his body against mine. I leaned back, letting his fingers tangle with mine, and my hands playing with his hair. I breathed in and out, for the last time, the world becoming smaller and smaller. We floated above, staring at ourselves. I turned around, seeing my dear husband, young once again. I ran into his arms, and he pulled me into a kiss, and we disappeared, just as the sun set, our souls forever tied to one another.

And that was it, folks!! Thank you so much for everything!! Coffee Boy and Cupcake Girl is now officially completed!! Thank you for reading and voting!!