chapter 105- please, don't die on me

Chapter 105

A lot has happened in the past month. Wedding venues, cake testing, planning, and all sorts of things. Plus, finals, Everest, and Lily are dating, my mom and Noah's mom coming to our house in two weeks, it's been a lot. End of the school year is always hectic. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'd been offered a job to teach at a different high school. I have no clue what to do. And I haven't told my family.

"Noah! Get out of the bathroom! Stop beautifying, and let me take a shower! I have to get ready for school!" I knock on the door. He opens the bathroom, and is shaving.

"Seriously. Today of all days?"

"What?"

"Fiona has her last day of finals today. Also, I got offered a job at a different local high school." He turns around.

"You did?"

"Yeah. Sorry, I know it's last minute, but-"

"What do you mean? If you want to take it, go for it! Don't worry about us." he smiles, and washes the remaining cream off his face.

"Really? You're not mad I didn't tell you?"

"It's been pretty fucking crazy in the house the last few weeks. I'm not surprised if you forgot." I sighed in relief.

"Thank you."

"Are you going to take it?"

"I don't know."

"Do what you want to do, love." I'm about to respond, when Fiona calls, asking to drop her to school.

"I'll be back in twenty minutes, we can talk then."

"Okay, love you both. Wait, let me put on some clothes. Don't leave." He puts on one of his muscle tanks, and some shorts, and comes downstairs. He's so- Nope. not today. I have things to do, places to be. I follow him out of the room,a dn downstairs with Fiona.

"Good luck with finals today, pumpkin. You're going to be fine. Don't stress out so much about it."

"Okay, thanks, dad. Love you." He smiles, kissing her forehead.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't go anywhere."

"Okay, love." He kisses my cheek, and I drive Fiona to school.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm scared." I roll into the parking lot and turn to face her.

"Don't be. You are so overprepared for this, it's not even funny. You are so incredibly smart. I know you'll do fine. Remember to stay calm. Drink some water, and analyze the problem. Be confident, but not overconfident, but there's no need for you to be nervous. I know you will do well."

"Okay. Thanks mom. I needed that." I hug her.

"Good luck. Don't be nervous. You're going to be fine." She gives me a small toothy smile, and walks away. I drive back to the house slowly, listening to some instrumental music.

I walk inside our home, and search for Noah. I find Noah sitting down, and both of our moms angrily staring at him.

He gets up the minute I come inside.

"Help me!" He whisper screams.

"Waht the fuck? Why are they here?" I whisper back to him.

"I don't know! They just kept glaring at me! What did you say to them?" He whispers to me.

"I didn't say anything! What the hell is going on!"

"Shanaya, kanna, come, have a seat." My mom says. I look at him and gulp. We sit down on the couch opposite from them.

"Hello, mumma. Hi Meredith."

"We found out that neither of you were answering any of our-" Meredith starts coughing. Noah rushes into the kitchen, while I make her lie back on the couch.

"Meredith, don't stress yourself." I get her a tissue, and she starts coughing blood. She doesn't stop.

"Noah. Noah, she's coughing blood. Call 911." I tell him. My mom sits by Meredith, holding her hand.

"It's going to be okay, Meredith. It's going to be okay." She smiles weakly. Noah runs over.

"Mom! Mom. Say something. Are you okay? Mom." She continues to cough even harder. My mom dials 911, giving them our address.

"Oh, god. Meredith." I whisper, worriedly. My heart beat rapidly in my chest. Noah's hand found mine, tightly grasping it, and I can tell that he's fighting back tears, as he watches his mother suffer. Within an instant, the door bursts open, and she is lifted onto a stretcher.

"Noah, go in the ambulance, I'll meet you at the hospital."
"NO, I want you there."

"Noah, I'll-"

"Please, Naya." His voice breaks.

"Mom, I'll-I'll give you my car keys. Can you-"

"I got this, Naya." She tells me, placing her hand on my shoulder. I fumble with my pockets, finally getting the keys out.

"I'll-"

"Go. I'll see you soon." She kisses my cheek, and Noah and I leave with the rest of the people in the ambulance.

Oh, gosh.

This chapter made me so fucking sad. I really didn't want to do this, but it had to happen.

I'm sorry. I hope Meredith makes it.