chapter 8-

Chapter 8

I get up the next day at 6:00. Kinda sad the weekend's over now. I get ready for work, putting on a floral dress, a belt, and some flats. I drive to work listening to my playlist.

Here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon

Why am I holding on?

We knew this day would come, we knew it all along

How did it come so fast?

This is our last night but it's late

And I'm trying not to sleep

'Cause I know, when I wake

I will have to slip away

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go

But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close

'Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own

But tonight I need to hold you so close

I bobbed my head and sang along. I soon pulled up to the parking lot and walked to my classroom. Soon enough, the little first graders started filling up my classroom. They would all be very excited and energetic since next week officially marks the start of winter break.

The bell soon rang, and all the kids came into my classroom.

"Hello my friends! How was your weekend?" I asked them a bright smile on my face. These little kids looked at me as we sat in a circle, and one by one, they started to talk.

"I read the magic treehouse books!"

"I played in the rain!"

"I was at home with my big brother."

All of them went around in a circle. A cute little girl asked me,
"What did you do over the weekend Ms. Anand?"

"Well Paisley, I went out for dinner with my best friends, and I went to a small lake with a friend." I told her, smiling at the memory from yesterday.

"Are your friends old like you Ms. Anand?" I started laughing.
"How old do you think I am Peter?"

"50?"

"Fifty? That's a big number!" The whole class started laughing.

"Peter, you're wrong, she's 19!" Paisley chimed in.

"No, she's 23!"

"You're really close Connor!"

"27?"

"Even closer Amanda!"

"26!"

"You got it Avery!" I told her, and she came up and hugged me.

"Alright guys let's get started!"

Before I knew it, the day had ended, and I packed up my stuff and headed to my car. I drove home slowly, enjoying the music.

You would not believe your eyes

If ten million fireflies

Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they fill the open air

And leave teardrops everywhere

You'd think me rude but I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems

I pulled into the driveway, lightly humming the song and walked into my house. I plugged in my bluetooth speaker and took a shower. I dried my hair, my curly hair bouncing as I moved.I dried and diffused it and went downstairs. I was wearing a black top and my mickey mouse sweatpants. Disney rocks. I decided to make some popcorn and watch a movie, and pick out the episodes to watch of Miraculous ladybug. Ahhhh i love that show. And don't even get me started on cat noir. I am such a simp for him. He's so handsome. And Yes, he is a fictional character. AHHH HIS HOTNESS. I just got the greatest Idea. I should MAKE a cat noir t-shirt! Better yet, Make a ladybug one, and a cat noir one! YES! Noah can be Cat Noir. I started making a ladybug shirt. I already had a red t-shirt so I started adding ladybug spots to the front of it. On the back of it, I wrote, Lady of His dreams, and an arrow' . It took me a while, but the glitter fabric paint on the fron finally dried. I checked the time.

4:15 pm. I still had some time before Noah came. I decided to head to the store and pick up a men's t-shirt. I have no idea what size he is. I picked out a Small. Oh well, if it's too big, then okay. If it's too small, then he can rock a crop top. I am so cool. He is going to have so much fun. Also, how can you not like Miraculous Ladybug? It's such a good show. And I watch Kids shows. Its fine because most of them are better than adult shows anyways. I headed home after picking up the t-shirt. I walked out of the store with the t-shirt in my bag, when I was stopped by some blonde girl.

I turned around.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked her, a smile plastered on my face.

"Stay away from Noah." What the frick?

"Excuse me? What are you talking about?" I was so confused. Who even is this girl?

"I saw you at the restaurant leaving with him. You better not touch him, because he's mine." Okay, this girl is super irritating.

"Okay, Lady, listen up, cuz i got a few things to tell you. One, I am NOT dating Noah, he is my FRIEND. F-R-I-E-N-D. You can have him. Two, don't walk aup to random strangers and act like a total weirdo. And three, stop stalking people, you creep." I walked away from her. She ran in front of me. What the duck is wrong with her?

"Ugh. He better not be sleeping with a colored bitch like you." The FRICK?? AUDACITY? I spoke in a low, and dangerous tone.

"Listen up, barbie bimbo, don't even think about disrespecting me. And you're right, I am colored, and I can totally be a bitch to trashy people like you. So, I suggest you stay the hell away from me. And for the record, colored people rock, so shut the duck up and move on. No one wants someone this clingy and stalkerish, and having a shit personality will not make things better for you. So listen to me, and listen well.. You insult me one more DAMN time, and I will call the police on you and have a restraining order filed. Understood?"

"Whatever." She replied, tossing her hair over her shoulder and walking off. How DARE she insult me like that? Really? A colored bitch? You know what, I'm proud of being an Indian, and I'm proud of standing up for myself. I am a bad bitch, and no one can tell me otherwise. I walk up to my car with Kings and Queens by Ava Max playing in my head.

If all of the kings had their queens on the throne

We would pop champagne and raise a toast

To all of the queens who are fighting alone

Baby, you're not dancin' on your own

Disobey me, then baby, it's off with your head

Gonna change it and make it a world you won't forget, oh-oh, oh

No damsel in distress, don't need to save me

Once I start breathin' fire, you can't tame me

And you might think I'm weak without a sword

But I'm stronger than I ever was before

HIIII

LOL THEY THOUGHT SHE WAS 50 XDDDDDDDD

OML Im DYING RN. IM ALSO HUNGRY> IMa go eat. Thanks for reading!!

Peace out,

Shanaya