chapter 5- tears

Chapter 5

I sat in silence in the car. I gave him my address and faced the other way. I could hear the pouring rain beating down on the window. I felt so overwhelmed with sadness. Tears spilled out of my eyes. I could feel my body shaking as I silently sobbed. I looked at Noah. His hand reached out to my hand and rubbed circles around the back of it. I pushed his hand off me. No way is he touching me now. By the time we reached my house, my tears had mostly subsided. I hate crying in front of other people. It's so embarrassing. I got out of the car.

"Thanks for dropping me." I muttered under my breath.

"Shanaya, I'm truly sorry." His forest green eyes met mine. His wet hair curled on his forehead, and his brows were furrowed in pity.

"Noah, you don't even know me, and you already are making such insensitive comments? Especially when it's none of your business? Even if you were to know me, and if you were my friend, I wouldn't tolerate it either. That's not okay. I don't care who you are. No one in the world is gonna talk to me like that."

"I really screwed up okay? Please forgive me."

"Leave me alone...  I-I can't deal with this right now." I ran away from the car and into the house. I headed straight for the shower, and collapsed on the floor. Unable to stop the sobs from wracking my body.

By the time I got out of the shower, my eyes were red and puffy, and my face was swollen. I opened my phone to find texts from Nyra and Anvi.

*Just a side note, these are the nicknames I have for the Anvi and Nyra in real life, so I thought I'd include it in this story too, cuz i LOve them.*

Avocado: im bored

Sugarmomma: me too

Avocado: Hey, shanaya, are u ok, u ran off from Kaio's house?

Sugarmomma: What? IDK ABT THIS
Avocado:yeah, idk what it was abt

Sugarmomma: Naya we r here for u if there's anything going on <33

Avocado: Yeah, seriously, if u wanna talk, we r here

Me: Hi guys, I'm so sorry i ran off, just needed a breather, thanks for checking up on me <33 love u guys

I texted them back, not choosing to elaborate. I'm so grateful for them. I just needed some space.

I spent the rest of the day eating chips and ice cream and watching movies, trying to get my mind off of the adoption incident. I stuck my hand inside the bag of chips. Damn, did I really eat all of them? I got up to throw them in the trash. I was about to throw them away, when I decided to google Noah. Let's see how much of a "big shot" Noah was really. I googled him, and found out that he was the CEO of a construction company.. Wow, that was impressive. I looked at some more articles. Lots of...flings. Great. He was a player too. He probably didn't care about what happened then. According to these articles, there were quite a few models. You've got to be joking. How cliché could this guy get? I rolled my eyes, and shut off the laptop, lying back on my bed. Another pang of sadness hits me, but I decide to call my mom. I hadn't spoken to her in forever, and... I just really needed to hear her voice.

It rang a few times before she picked it up.

"Hi baby," she says to me.

"Hi mumma," I greeted her

"Mumma, the adoption agency didn't choose me as a fit parent for the girl," I whispered into the phone, my voice hoarse from crying all day.

"It's okay nanna, you'll be okay. You can re-apply, and I'm sure they'll select you. You are so kind, and caring towards everyone. You are going to be a wonderful mother."

"Thank-Thank you mumma, I really needed to hear that." I wish I could just see her right now, and get a hug from her. She gives the best hugs. I just- I just needed my mom right now. I might be older, but I still need her in my life. that will never change.

heyyoooo! 

Sorry, kind of a short chapter here. Also, nanna is like an indian endeearment term. I said earlier it think, that this book is kinda relating to my life. So, anyways, here's a couple thing about me

1) My real name is not shanaya, and i'm sorry, but I'm going to stay under a pen name for now

2) I'm an indian american. My mom and dad are both indian, and nanna is like an endearment term in my mom's language

3) I'm a dog person. They SO CUTE.

4) I like random weird things. I can go on about 10 different tangents if someone doesn't stop me talking.

5) THANKS FOR READING!! LOVE YOUUU

XOXO<

Shanaya <33