chapter 78- more sappy sappy sappy

Chapter 78

"Fiona! Be good! I'm going for lunch! Do not give Noah a hard time, you know he has trouble saying no to you!" Naya yells, going out the door.

"Fine, mom! See you in a bit!"

"Bye Love!" We say goodbye to her, and then it's just the two of us.

"Did you finish your math project?" I ask Fiona. She groans.

"Ugh no. I didn't. I should probably do it."

"You probably should. If you need help, I can help." I offer.

"Thanks, Noah." She runs to her room, gets the project, and sits back down at the table. We quickly work, and within no time, she's done with her project. We check the time. It's 12:30.

"Wanna grab lunch?" I ask her.

"Sure. Can we get pizza?"

"Of course! Let's go." I grab my keys, and we head out. We end up going to some pizza place. We are about to get seated, but we see Nyra and Kaio sitting down. Kaio sees us, and waves us over.

"You wanna sit with them, Fiona? Or could we get our own table?" I ask her, not wanting to force her into making any decision.

" We can go sit with them!" She says, and we go and sit down opposite them.

"Hey man! You're Fiona, right?" Kaio asks us.

"Yep! We met at the mall a few weeks ago, I think." She greets him with a smile.

"Hi, Nyra," I smile at her.

"Hey, Noah. What's going on?"

"Just taking her out for some lunch, right?" She nods, happily.

"Hey Fiona, nice to see you again!" Nyra makes conversation with her.

"Good to see you too, Auntie."

'Oh, don't call me auntie. Makes me feel old. Just Nyra is fine."

"But my mom said-"

"We can bend the rules, right?" She winks at Fiona. While Nyra and Fiona chatter along, Kaio starts talking to me.

"Where's Shanaya, Noah?"

"She's out meeting her dad, so it's just us two for a few hours."

"Oh, nice. Wait, did Shanaya move in with you?" I rub the back of my neck.

"Yeah, I asked her a few weeks ago."

"Congrats, Noah!"

"Thanks, Kaio. I'm so glad she moved in. Fiona lives with us too now, it's been the best- I can't even describe it in words. Kaio, I have my own family now." I'm unable to keep the smile off my face.

"I'm happy for you, Noah. Genuinely. I can't honestly believe that you found her."
"Me either man. I still can't believe it." Just as we are talking about her, Shanaya, and a man with graying hair walk in. That must be her dad. What a coincidence.

"Wait, is that mom?"

"I think so, Fiona." I replied to her.

"Can we go see her?"
"Maybe let's wait until she's done eating lunch?"
"Why?" Nyra exchanges a look with me.

"Fiona, why don't we order a giant chocolate pizza?"

"Okay..." She looks at Nyra and me skeptically.

We finished eating the large chocolate pizza. It was extremely heavy. I leaned back in my seat, and patted my belly. Kaio belches.

"Sweetie, I love you, but that was absolutely disgusting." Nyra gives Kaio a look.