Chapter 83

The two professors must have spent some time in the infirmary while the others took turns as pro-heroes, magicals and villains, to search the surroundings, while continuing to teach. Police were also on the area, searching every square inch of the city and its surroundings, without success.

The pupils of Darkeas but also of the two other schools had been warned that their comrade was now a fugitive. They were asked to notify a teacher or the police directly if they came into contact with her.

Several Darkeas students had come to see Nanaya to apologize for no reason, assuring him that they were not aware of her plans and had nothing against him.

In the things Ita had left in the dormitories, the professors had found numerous samples of blood from her comrades, the material to take it and sleeping pills. Some blood sample were almost empty, proof that she had used them several times, including the one in the name of Kotaro, Izurano Kukichi who could pass through walls and Iwata Matsuo who possessed tenfold strength. There were also a few pre-prepared messages in her bag, the ones she put in Nanaya's room, as well as markers and spray cans, which had clearly been used to tag the desk, locker and walls of the young man's room.

This discovery had somewhat saddened Nanaya, who had always been willing to get along with his comrade from Darkeas and did not understand her hatred towards him.

He still tried not to think about it any more and instead concentrated on these lessons.

This Saturday morning, class 2-A had to make up for two hours of sport with Pulse, a magical girl who received the power to levitate inanimate objects. Her guardian, Kusu, a white ferret dressed in a green sweater, used to hover over the gym to keep an eye on the whole class. Having been called in urgently for a mission during the week, she had not been able to teach them at the scheduled times and had therefore moved her hours to Saturday.

The class had just ended and the students were catching their breath after an intense gymnastics class. Seing Nanaya's flexibility and contortion skills, Pulse made him perform more difficult exercises than the rest of the class and always ended up stunned by his successes.

The young man wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and retrieved his water bottle to cool off before returning to the locker room. Yuto then walked up to him, her cheeks flushed, to hand him a towel.

"N... Nice... performance..." the redhead mumbled. "A ... as always ...

"Thank you, Soma-chan," Nanaya replied, picking up the towel to wipe his face, "you also pulled off the combos today. "

She began to stammer and mumble. Nanaya smirked. He was starting to get used to social interactions and although they were light, his smiles were coming more and more naturally. Yuto vaguely explained that she was more successful thanks to Kotaro. Since swapping their bodies, their comrade had made sure that she stopped wearing undersized bras and asked for uniforms in her size. She breathed better and could move more easily.

The young girl began to mumble incomprehensible things.

"Excuse me," Nanaya hissed, "I didn't understand.

"I... I... have an idea..."

"An idea ?"

"...festival..."

"Any idea for the festival? Already ? You should suggest it to the class. "

Yuto shook her head sharply. She didn't feel able to speak in front of everyone. It was already difficult to speak to his comrade. She felt like her heart was going to explode in her chest and felt that her face had to rival a tomato.

" You have a fever ?" Nanaya asked.

"A ball." Quickly launched the young girl. "A... a prom ball like... in America..."

"Oh... that's a good idea."

"You... can you... propose it?"

"But that's your idea."

"I... I couldn't..."

Nanaya realized she wouldn't be able to talk to everyone and agreed. He plans to announce his friend's idea at the start of their next class, before their teacher arrives. For now, they had to go back to change in the locker room.

Nanaya was completely alone in the boys' room and could hear muffled laughter from the other side of the wall. He would have liked not to be the only boy in his class, to be able to also discuss with his comrades in these moments there. His locker was even right in the middle of Saurity's, since there were none for Aitori in that room.

He was just removing the top of his sports uniform when the door opened. It was Rakko who entered, offering him a smile.

"Sorry," he said, "I forgot something."

"It's okay, Nanaya reassured him. "

The young future hero walked over to his comrade, his locker being right next to him. He opened it to retrieve a small package. He then noticed Nanaya's astonished look.

"It's October 15th," Rakko reminded us, "it's Ogami's birthday."

"Heeh ?! Why didn't anyone tell me ?? I didn't know! I have no gifts for him!"

"Well... you just have to kiss him, I'm sure he will like this gift."

"Kot-chan told me it's only for couples like Orio-chan and Katagiri-chan and that a kiss comes with a slap."

"...I see. But he didn't exactly tell the truth. Some friends kiss and sometimes even family members. You know, in medieval Europe, knights kissed each other on the mouth, it wasn't a romantic gesture. Besides, it seems that you share less bacteria through a kiss than a handshake."

"Oh really ? But Kot-chan ..."

"He has his reasons, I guess. Finally, it all depends on you. If that bothers you, then yes, you have every right to respond with a slap."

"It never bothered me."

Rakko looked thoughtful for a moment, as Nanaya put his t-shirt away. He was about to retrieve his other top when his fellow Saurity slapped his hand on the locker door, shutting it and blocking Nanaya.

"Hm... Noken-san?" The young man worried, looking up at him and pulling his jacket slightly, hoping to push him aside. "Something is wrong ? I ... I have to change ..."

"Seriously, you're driving me crazy..."

"Heh?"

"Since summer camp, I can't tell anymore if I'm attracted to guys or girls. Do you intend to take responsibility for this?"

"... my responsibilities? Noken-san, I don't understand what you're saying ..."

"Let me try."

"Heh? Try wha-..."

Rakko didn't let him finish. He leaned over him to put his lips on his. The contact did not last long. The future hero pulled away slightly and let his head fall back against his comrade's shoulder with a sigh.

"Shit..." he mumbled through his teeth, "I thought that would be enough..."