Chapter 22

The twenty-four hours without Kenji were particularly quiet. The twins kept annoying Kotaro, saying they were bored of not witnessing his incessant arguments with his eldest child.

The day was coming to an end, they were heading back to the hotel. Arriving in the lobby, Kenji was there.

"Hase-kun!" Mineko exclaimed. "You are feeling better ?"

"Yeah..." The elder replied with a simple smile. "Hm... kitty? I don't remember everything yesterday but... I remember kissing you. I am sorry."

"Uh? It is a problem ?" Nanaya wondered. "

Kenji raised an eyebrow. Sensing yet another heated argument on the subject of the previous day, the twins stood across to grab Kenji.

"Hey, we missed you!" Haru assured.

"We're bored without your quarrels with Shime-san!" Confirmed Jun.

"Ah! Chichi-chan." Called the redhead.

"I already told you not to call me that!" Growled Kotaro.

"I have a vague memory of arguing with you even though I can't remember why."

"Tch ... It was just like usual."

"... it seems that I was obnoxious and that I even threatened you ..."

"What? Do you think I was scared?"

"No. Not a single moment. But it's completely against my principles. So I wanted to apologize. Sorry, Chichi-chan."

"Fuck! Stop with that stupid nickname !!"

"Ne-ver. "

Kenji laughed and put his arm around Kotaro's shoulders, despite Kotaro's protests. He claimed to be starving, and led them to the hotel restaurant without letting go of Darkeas' pupil, much to the delight of the twins, laughing out loud.

The rest of the stay was quite peaceful. All the students agreed that they had a dream month. Mineko couldn't stop raving about all the activities on offer. Nanaya was less enthusiastic. Especially on a boat ride along the coast, where he had remained clinging to Kenji and Kotaro like a koala to its eucalyptus.

There were four days left and everyone was enjoying the last few moments as they began to gather their things. A walk downtown the day before had allowed them to buy some souvenirs. At the same time, without the students realizing it, the teachers were rather worried. That same morning, hotel staff informed them that one of their master key cards, for housekeeping staff, was missing. Just as one of the employees was unable to find her work clothes, which were carefully stored in a locker in the room reserved for employees.

The three directors were in the lobby, along with a few teachers, Phen-X, and the hotel staff.

"Are all your cleaning staff here?" Starlight asked.

"Yes." Replied the boss of the tourist center. "Only one is missing but she is on pregnancy leave. If it was her, we would have seen her right away, she's expecting triplets."

"Good. Fishy, warn all the teachers. We will make rounds on each floor. If we come across a cleaning lady there, she's bound to be an intruder. May you and your employees all stay here for now. If we don't see anyone, we will have to confront our students. Maybe some pranksters are on the spot. "

The man thanked Starlight and the teachers dispersed.

The twins had convinced Kotaro to come and swim with them, so he reluctantly left Nanaya. Aitori's boy, accompanied by Kenji and the two girls, had returned to his room because of his prosthesis. The metal had become hot from the sun, even though he covered it with his hair. He also had to clean it, because the twins had accidentally thrown sand at him. The two girls took the opportunity to fetch an after-sun from Rena's bag, as Mineko's fair skin could not withstand her prolonged exposure, despite the cream previously applied. Kenji simply landed near the elevator waiting for them, listening to the sound of the cabin descending as he gazed uninterestedly at the cleaning lady passing down the hall. However, he turned his head to her several times. He seemed to have seen her before.