Chapter 54

The lava spread over the ground and would soon reach the car. Nanaya hastened to create a small barrier of ice between them and the vehicle, thick enough to hold the hot substance. The ice would cool her before it had time to melt. He was concentrating on this task when the man's voice called out to them.

"Uchiri!" He called. "I'm not expecting a game of hide and seek from you! Come on, get out of there!"

"I know that voice..." Nakamara muttered.

"It's nice to make room for others! But to become the most feared villain in the country, it takes massive action. Annihilating you will be more than enough!"

Nanaya gritted his teeth. This man was looking for his father. There were weapons in the car, but their opponent had made himself an armor of dry lava. No chance to cross this shell. Nanaya was the only one of the three who could actually fight. At least to slow him down. He glanced at his father, who was trying to remember where he had heard this person, then pulled up his sleeve to speak to him in a low voice.

"You and Thoki run to the back of the graveyard and call for help." He breathed.

"What ?! No ! There is no way I will let you fight someone! You're only seventeen!"

"Dad, you can't defend yourself. The guns won't do anything to him. You saw him ?"

Nakamara discreetly raised his head to look out the windows. He immediately bent down, cursing.

"Zayuki ?!" He exclaimed in a low voice. "Zayuki Yajiro ?! I thought he went to study the volcanoes in Hawaii!"

"You know him ?" Thoki asked.

"Yes. He was in my class at Darkeas. He said he wanted to use his power to become a brilliant volcanologist!"

"The vocation failed it seems ..."

"Nanaya! Don't you dare fight this guy! Ice against lava, you don't stand a chance!"

"All powers have a weakness." Nanaya replied, checking their attacker's position. "And Morihama-chan showed me a video of lava on ice. Lava cools before the ice melts. It won't last long, but enough to hold him until help arrives."

"I won't let you!"

"You do not have a choice !"

The vehicle was suddenly shaken, but held in place by the ice previously created by Nanaya. The teenager winced and threw up a wall of ice several meters from the ground to hide their presence.

"It's not thick enough." Growled the young man. "Hurry before it melts!"

He froze the burning portal which Thoki smashed easily, and began an express transformation into Frosty Kitty.

The butler must have dragged Nakamara with one hand, tapping his cell phone with the other to call for help.

Nanaya could hear his foe swearing on the other side of the wall, and it wasn't long before the steam rose in great quantities as he repeatedly sent lava over the obstacle.

The teenager replaced his scepter in the form of a bracelet so as not to risk losing it and glanced at his terrified guardian.

"Let's go, Hyokko!"

Nanaya took advantage of the man's time to melt his wall and created three more, for better thickness, along the necropolis. He heard the lava man go after whoever separated them.

"ONE MORE OF YOUR STUPID INVENTIONS?!?!" He screamed, sending lava over the frozen barrier. "BUT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO OVERCOME ME UCHIRI !!"

As soon as the magma touched the ice, it was hollowed out by its melting, but the lava cooled much too quickly.