Chapter 70

Shime Yoichi was driving straight ahead in his vehicle. His son, in a baby seat next to him, was crying a lot, no matter how hard he told him to be quiet. Even though he refused to admit it himself, he had never been good with his children. Nanako had raised Kotaro and Sakae almost on her own. He never bothered to care about their education, or any chores around the house.

That was certainly the reason, he said, why his two children had gone so badly. His son was gay and his daughter was too strong a character for a young lady. This time he was going to raise his new child on his own and this time this boy was going to be exactly as he wanted him to be.

"Shut up!" Yoichi growled, looking at the road. "I'll quickly get rid of that whiny character, believe me! There is no way you will become like your brother!"

Yoichi, annoyed, decided to turn up the music to cover the crying.

He only drove a few more minutes, however, before a sudden wall of ice formed across the road. He braked sharply, making Kemori cry even more.

Right in front of his car, Kotaro came to a stop in a controlled skid, letting Nanaya immediately descend from his back. He winced when he saw his father's surprised and angry face behind the windshield. The adult wanted to accelerate, even if it meant crushing the teenager against the frozen wall, but his car got stuck. Nanaya had taken care to freeze the wheels and the engine.

Yoichi made up his mind to get out, immediately drawing the gun he had used against his own daughter. He didn't anticipate Kotaro's speed. His son couldn't pass him easily. But as he pointed his gun forward, the teenager pounced on him. He swung the weapon away angrily and punched his father in the face several times, using his power to speed up his movement and deliver harder punches. Yoichi was blocking some of them, countering him with the same ability, but receiving most.

"Kot-chan !!" Nanaya called. "Stop!"

His friend rushed to his side, suppressor collar in hand, but in his rage, Kotaro violently pushed him away. However, he realized his gesture.

"N ... Nana-chan ..."

He turned slightly, still holding his father by the collar. The adult seized the opportunity and pulled his survival knife out of his pocket. He aimed at his son's throat, who narrowly dodged, the blade crashing into his right shoulder.

Kotaro slapped his swollen face one last time, wincing in pain. He noticed the ice covering his father's arms and legs to hold him down, and Nanaya walked over again to put on the choker. A slight mark appeared on his cheek.

"Sorry ..." Kotaro muttered without letting go of the collar.

"It's nothing." Nanaya assured. "Go get your brother back."

"Do not touch him !" Yoichi growled. "I don't want him to end up like you !! "

This time it was Nanaya who hit him. And unlike the slaps given to his friends, he punched almost as hard as Kotaro, before finally making ice appear on his mouth to prevent him from speaking.

They just had to wait for the police.

Kotaro opened the passenger door and picked up the baby. Unlike his father, he had no trouble calming him down, rocking him gently. He settled on the ground, sitting with his back against the vehicle. His eyes were swollen from crying so much. His shoulder was bleeding profusely and the fingers of the hand he had punch with were covered in blood.

Nanaya slowly approached and took a seat next to it. Kotaro held the baby firmly against him crying and his friend didn't know what to do. He leaned against him and they stayed like that until the police arrived.

The sirens were not long in sounding. Several cars, followed by a van and Nakamara's vehicle, stopped. The billionaire of course immediately rushed to his son, who assured him that all was well. Kotaro needed healing and Teiji took care of it immediately.

"You will end up being used to stabbing." The nurse joked. 

Kotaro raised an eyebrow. He didn't really have the heart to laugh. The adult understood and immediately apologized. The two teenagers finally stood up, as the police handcuffed Yoichi and took him away. Since he was supposed to be a hero, his act earned him prison for life.

Superintendent Kimoto Hoshi approached Kotaro to ascertain his condition, and that of the baby.

"You will follow me, with your little brother." Announced the old man. "We are going to entrust you to a hostel, I can't promise you will stay together though ...

"It won't be necessary." Nakamara cut. 

Hoshi and Kotaro turned to him in the same gesture, surprised.

"I have room to spare." The businessman added. "And I have everything I need for a baby. Thoki will go and buy what is missing."

"Uchiri," the commissioner muttered, "you're sure..."

"What? It seems he was my son's only friend for years. I owe him that."

He gave Kotaro an encouraging smile. The teen couldn't even think of a scathing line to throw at him. He just nodded with a blank expression.

Nakamara reassured him. It wasn't an adoption, he just welcomed them both, at least until Kotaro came of age, or he was out of school.

After some discussions with the police, Thoki got back behind the wheel. Kotaro still hugged his brother and didn't let go the whole way to the mansion. It was late and they needed some rest after all this. Luckily, there was always at least one guest room ready for someone. Kotaro could move in there while he sets up his final bedroom.

The butler guided him to the one for babies. It was only slightly changed with each birth in the family, but always remained in place, furnished and regularly cleaned by Thoki to welcome the new Uchiris. It was therefore ideal to welcome Kemori there.

The friend's room where the teenager was going to stay was further away. Nakamara assured him, however, that if he wished, his room would be the one right next to what they called the "nursery".

Kotaro felt a little more reassured. His brother was safe and Thoki had years of experience. Phen-X living here as well, there was nothing to worry about if he injured himself or become ill.

He moved into the guest room. He hadn't said a word since. His throat burned from crying so much, his voice seemed to be stuck in it. He rummaged in his bag to retrieve his pajamas and immediately went to bed. He wanted to sleep, with the faint hope that this was all a horrible nightmare.

Thoki had convinced Nanaya to leave his friend alone for the evening. The young man would have liked to go see him, console him with the little knowledge he had to do so. He didn't sleep very well, wondering if he should go anyway. He was worried. He heard Kemori cry at one point, but Thoki's footsteps in the hallway immediately echoed. Obviously, with a baby in the house, the butler only slept from one ear. He would know right away if Nanaya left his room.

" Do not worry." Hyokko whispered. "Kotaro is strong. It will take time, but he will get over it."

"I do not know... "

Nanaya was unable to imagine his pain. He began to think. How would he react if his father died so suddenly? He couldn't imagine it. He stayed there, lying in bed but not sleeping, so that when the dim light of dawn broke through his curtains, he was still thinking.

 He stayed there, lying in bed but not sleeping, so that when the dim light of dawn broke through his curtains, he was still thinking