Chapter 68

Despite the modified schedule for half of the camp, the students all had a good time and got on the buses for the return trip.

A few hours from the destination, a teacher on each bus told the students that there were two days left over the weekend before the official start of the school year. So they were allowed to go home if they wanted to, but had to call their parents to let them know.

On one of Saurity's buses, Kotaro was trying to reach his mother for the third time. He ended up putting his phone away, growling.

" She does not answer ?" Tomeo asked, sitting next to him.

"No." His comrade muttered. "With the baby, she must be tired. It's almost ten o'clock, she must already be sleeping. Sakae may be at a friend's house. She never takes her phone to sleepovers."

"Will you want my parents to drop you off? They're coming to get me."

"What the hell are you trying to be friends with me bulldozer? It's downtown, I can walk! "

Tomeo gave him an amused smile, shrugging his shoulders. He was starting to really like Kotaro, in the sense that his reactions always made him laugh. Even though his mate was having a good time with them, he continued to deny it. Tomeo was still looking for a way to make him give in and confess but a grave would have been more talkative.

He didn't bother to insist on the remaining travel hour. Kotaro tried to call his mother again as soon as the buses stopped outside S.D.A., but was unsuccessful. Their vehicle was the first to arrive and the lack of places forced the other buses to wait for the first to leave, dropping off the students in turn.

Kotaro, wanting to wish Nanaya a good evening, waited before leaving. He noticed Nakamara and Thoki, waiting near one of their cars, in the parent and teacher parking lot. He wanted to come forward to greet them, when he noticed a man approaching them. Even though he hadn't seen him very well on screen, he immediately recognized Zayuki Yajiro, aka Volcano.

"Uchiri-san !!!" He called, ready to run towards them. 

Nakamara and Thoki immediately turned, in the same movement, each drawing a gun to point it at Yajiro.

But the man, rather than attacking them, dropped to his knees, lowering himself until he rested his forehead on the ground while begging forgiveness.

Nakamara was taken aback for a moment. He exchanged a puzzled look with his butler, before putting his gun away.

"Get up," he said. "You're ridiculous."

"How many times..." Yajiro muttered, sitting up slowly, but not looking at him.

"Excuse-me ?"

This time the man looked up. Nakamara was torn between satisfaction and pity. His former comrade was so covered in bruises that his original skin color was barely visible. His arms were completely wrapped in bandages and the left, apparently broken, held in a sling. His whole body was shaking, even being on his knees seemed painful. Nakamara felt like he saw himself when he got out of prison.

"How many times have you been incarcerated?" Yajiro finally asked.

"Oh... "

The ex-villain took the time to think about it for a moment. Rather, he wanted to forget this detail.

"I stopped counting after the tenth..." the businessman muttered.

"... How... why did you continue?"

"Because Experion has never been locked up. The first one, my ancestor six generations ago, was the only real Experion. The others ... including me, just played a part. Experion is a character that our family took pride in, from father to son ... to abandon him, no matter what happened to him, would have been a shame."