Chapter 59

Hyokko gently shook Nanaya to wake him up, as their bus reached its destination. The young man stretched and rubbed the back of his neck, painful from the position he had fallen asleep in.

They had left at four in the morning to arrive at the camp around noon, and most of the students had fallen asleep in the vehicles. On the way down, the students quickly mixed up between schools by heading towards the building where they were going to stay for a month.

Like the year before, Starlight stepped forward to speak. He explained the program, between training and activities, the safety rules and what concerns the building. He introduced them to the man in charge of the camp, Miyabaru Hake, a powerless. He was the manager, his wife the cook and two of their children, now adults, also worked with them.

The ground floor consisted of the cafeteria, the kitchen, a large common room with sofas, arcades, table football and billiards, as well as an infirmary, a small classroom in case students required detention and even two onsen.

The first floor contained the dormitories reserved for girls, with rooms for the teachers and a bathroom. The second and last floor was exactly the same, but reserved for boys.

Starlight recalled that it was obviously out of the question to see a boy on the second floor and vice versa, teachers included. The female teachers would supervise the girls and their male colleagues would take care of the boys. As Aitori only had female teachers, their only male student were left with the responsibility of the teachers of Saurity and Darkeas.

He ended by explaining that the lists for the dormitories had been sent by email the day before, and that their names would therefore be written on the doors. All they had to do was drop off their things before returning for lunch.

The students dispersed upstairs. The small group of boys sharing their room with Nanaya had no trouble spotting their names. They had the very first door, across from the bathroom. The interior had four bunk beds and two wardrobes.

"I didn't even know beds like this existed," Nanaya muttered, following Hyokko's eyes, who was inspecting the upper ones.

"We have one like that!" Said Jun. "Haru always take the bottom one."

"Maybe it's because of my power," his twin added, "but I've always felt dizzy."

"You should take the top one, if you've never slept up high."

Nanaya nodded and set his sights on the one just behind the door, hidden by it when it was opened. He climbed the ladder to check how it was. Before anyone else could react, Kotaro had already put his things on the bottom one.

Monaka and Rakko moved to the one at the back of the room, after Kenji had appropriated the one next to Kotaro and Nanaya, in the lower bunk, as Tomeo went upstairs.

"I hope you don't activate your power while sleeping." Kenji joked.

"If it was," Tomeo replied, "S.D.A would have been destroyed long ago. And you ?"

"... No, it's not my power that's going to be the problem."

He gave a smirk that was meant to be amused, but Kotaro and Nanaya understood exactly what he meant.

They quietly agreed to their places in the cupboards, while hearing some of their comrades arguing for the same reason. Their advantage was having a dorm supervisor in their room, Kenji, as well as two class representatives, also Kenji, but also Monaka, who was very adept at the rules. Like Nanaya in practice, Monaka had naturally posed as a leader and called them to order if needed. Tomeo and Kotaro knew this side of their comrade well. This position of representative suited him perfectly.

Once their things were settled, they finally went downstairs to join the cafeteria. Enko, Ita, Mineko, Rena and Yuto were already waiting for them. They shared their room with Taketa Inoue, 2-A class representative, Zakara Emiri, an invisibility mutated also in their class, and Goya Yuyu. Kenji was surprised. This last girl was in his class.

Their friends explained that they were missing a person, and when they told the teachers, the teachers indicated that Yuyu had not found whom to hang out with.

"I guess the others didn't want her outgoing behavior," Kenji muttered. "Goya-chan is really nice, bubbly and extravagant. There are some who don't like it. There are several girls in the class who find her too childish to hope to become a heroine."

"I thinks she's funny!" Mineko assured.

"She didn't tell us that," Enko hissed, "and I see she's sitting down on her own."

They all glanced in the direction Enko pointed. Yuyu was seated at a common table with her comrades, but two free places separated her from the others. Kenji stood up and walked over to invite her to come sit with them. She jumped up and even threw herself on the neck of her comrade, before following him.

She greeted everyone very enthusiastically as she introduced herself. She was quite clumsy in her words and sometimes said hurtful things without wanting to. If her behavior easily annoyed Kotaro, the others soon realized that she was not doing it on purpose.

"And what is your power?" Mineko asked to calm the mood, "Hase-kun didn't tell us about it."

"The marshmallows!" Yuyu exclaimed.

"... the... what?"

"It doesn't sound very useful in a fight," Kotaro muttered with a mocking smile. "What are you doing at Saurity?"

"She has very good techniques, actually," Kenji assured. "We've already teamed up for training. She can create marshmallows, but any size and shape she wants and she can then control them at will."

"Giant marshmallows!" Cried the twins at heart.

"There is a camping evening planned during the stay!" Said Jun. "Will you make us a giant marshmallow ?!"

"It will depend on the teachers," Yuyu replied happily, "but I will love it!" "

Monaka and Rakko joked that a villain was trapped in a giant marshmallow. Mineko added that against Volcano, he would have ended up stuck in a melted marshmallow.

As it was the first day, the teachers let their students familiarize themselves with the place for the day. They were allowed to walk in the hallways, in the common room and outside, as long as they remained in the sight of adults.

The small group settled into the common living room. The girls settled on the sofas chatting, adding Yuyu to the group phone conversation so she could communicate with Rena.

"Do you want to try billiards?" Tomeo said to Nanaya, "I can teach you."

"I've played it before," Nanaya assured, "we have one at the mansion."

"And you were allowed to play it?"

"Dad always said skill and puzzle games were educational and I should definitely know how to play them because some social parties have games."

"Oh ! We better not mess with you then!" Joked Haru.

"What about table football?" Jun asked. 

Nanaya shook his head negatively. The twins immediately dragged him into the game and began to explain it to him. The three of them settled down to control each team. The twins and Nanaya against Kotaro, Kenji and Tomeo.

Monaka and Rakko watched the game, each choosing a team to cheer on. The girls also approached after a while and Yuyu improvised as a commentator, making everyone else laugh.

 The girls also approached after a while and Yuyu improvised as a commentator, making everyone else laugh