The tears were welling up in her eyes turning into full on cries,she couldn't even control it as she pacifier fell out of her mouth and she started crying.

Wanda whose lap she was sat on immediately saw when sobs began to rack the girls body.

She turned the girl and forced Nadia's head to lay on her shoulder,she sat there allowing the girl to cry it out as she stroked her hair and shushed her quietly,she knew the girl needed to get these emotions out so it was better sooner rather than later she thought to herself.

Probably a good 15 minutes passed by of them being sat there whilst Wanda tried to comfort her.

The woman decided to speak up when she heard the girls crying turn into soft sniffles "wanna talk about what's wrong?" she asked gently expecting that the brunette would want to discuss whatever was going on like she usually did when upset.

To her surprise the girl raised her head and shook it,wiping away her remaining tears with her left hand.

"Can I colour instead?" She asked sniffling.

Wanda looked into Nadia's eyes looking for any kind of emotion but all she saw back at her was empty blue eyes that were puffy.

"Of course you can,I'll get you some juice okay babygirl?" She asked getting a nod in response,she smiled at Nadia and kissed her on the forehead then she placed the girl on the floor.

Whilst Wanda went to the kitchen the girl crawled over to the coffee table which wasn't far from the couch and began resuming a colouring she had started earlier.

Natasha who had just finished showering stood in the living room doorway leaning against the doorframe watching the girl pitifully try to stop the stray tears whilst sniffling and hiccuping every few seconds,the sight was something she never wanted to see again;even one time was too much for her liking.

The other woman had snook up next to her with a sippy cup in her hand,she leaned her head on Natasha's shoulder making her aware of her presence.

"I wish she would talk to us" Wanda mumbled "we can't force her to talk to us if she doesn't want to,she knows we're here if she wants to talk and that's all that counts right?" Natasha responded quietly making Wanda press her lips together.

They watched the girl colour in the picture for a couple more moments and then they walked into the room together,Wanda placed the girls sippy cup down to which Nadia said a quiet 'thank you' to before returning to the drawing;Nat decided to sit next to the girl and watch her colour.

"What're you colouring there Nads?" She questioned although it was blatantly obvious that she could see what the girl was doing "a kitty" Nadia responded without looking up.

Natasha hummed in response watching Nadia take a sip from the childish sippy cup.

This was how they stayed for a while,Wanda watching the pair contently as Natasha sat beside Nadia as she coloured.

The moment was peaceful.

______________________________

*Nadia's pov*

My mood hadn't seemed to become less dull as the time went on.

I was still very much so mad at Jaxx for leaving me however I couldn't help but worry about Jaxx,was he okay out there? Had they found him and punished him like they had done to me?

Overall all I wanted to know if he was okay.

When he came back,if he came back- I could be mad at him how much I wanted to then however my worries right now were leaving a nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach as a constant reminder of the situation.

"Arms up" Wanda said to me snapping me out of my thoughts as she held a wet cloth in her hand,i obliged to her command raising my arms as she began to wash them.

Currently it was bath time,normally I'd be laughing and playing with the bubbles.

Not this time though,too many stressful thoughts in my head to be able to think about laughing,no matter how much I wanted to pretend to be the content little girl I usually was.

For the rest of the bath I stared at the water and all the little waves that were created everytime Wanda made me move.

It seemed to pass by in no time and now I was sat on Natasha's lap on the rocking chair as we did everynight,when I did this with Wanda she would read me a bedtime story but with Natasha she preferred just sitting there with me and stroking me hair.

I sucked on the bottle that she was holding up for me as she hummed some lullaby which was a nightly tradition,I didn't know what the lullaby was and whenever I tried asking she would answer "it's from my childhood" leaving it at that;whatever it was it was soothing and peaceful.

As my eyes were beginning to droop Wanda walked into the room and towards us,I was too tired to be bothered by her presence though.

I fell asleep just as I finished the bottle with Natasha humming the lullaby.

___________________________

*Wanda's pov*

I kissed her on the forehead and stood up straight,I raised the crib bars and stood beside Natasha as we watched her.

She wrapped her arms around my waist kissing my cheek.

"They found Jaxx y'know? Should we wake her up and tell her?" I asked whilst watching her chest go up and down delicately followed by the soft sounds of her breathing.

"We should let her sleep,she didn't sleep at nap time today i saw her opening her eyes a couple times I think her little head was too worried" Nat informed me.

There was a frown evident on her face as she said that "his mommy told me they're thinking about doing you know what to him" I told her "how are we supposed to explain it to Nadia?" she responded.

"It's gonna crush her" i stated the obvious.

I could already practically imagine the look on her face when she finds out "well let's just hope they don't,hopefully they'll reconsider" Nat said trying to lighten up the mood "you're right".

She gave me a sad smile "we should go and get our work done whilst our princess sleeps hm?" she says giving one last look at Nadia.

__________________________

Authors note

Song suggestion: letter to an old poet by Phoebe Bridgers

This song is so near and dear to Phoebe! It's a very personal song from her. Being with somebody who thinks they're this amazing partner simply because they aren't physically hurting you.