40 - The Twelve Gold Cloths

Start from the beginning

"This never happened before." Kiki said, also excited. "You listen here, shorty, don't interrupt me. I need to throw the stones at the person first."

Lunara had to restrain herself from running away and hugging whoever it was. She pulled Shun by the shirt to the stairs, while Kiki walked out the window with the most mischievous face possible.

"We can see who it is from here, oh, I'm so excited!" said Lunara, peering through a crack on the second floor.

When Shun peeked his eyes through the gap above the small one, however, he was startled, for he knew the girl standing there and muttered the name to himself in disbelief. From there he ran out the back exit of the first floor, which everyone pretended not to exist, and shouted the name of that girl with the long hair.

"June!"

The girl wore a light training outfit, which Shun knew so well. She brought a Bronze Urn now on the floor and an enormous weariness on her face. She perhaps believed much less in what she saw than he did; having crossed the terrible Cemetery, marched among specters and ghosts, making a terrible climb, and, besides all that, having witnessed a vile massacre at her home. And at the end of her quest, the sweet and comforting eyes of Shun, one of her best friends.

She hugged him tight and desperate. Shun soon realized that something was wrong.

"What happened, June?"

"Ah, Shun. It's a miracle, I can't even believe you're here. There is no one else in the world that I wanted to see more than you right now. This has to be an Athen's miracle."

In a sense it was.

"Tell me, June, what happened?" What are you doing here?"

"Shun..." she began. "Shun, the Andromeda Island has been devastated. Our Master Albiore. He, he..."

"No," Shun refused.

"Master Albiore was killed." she concluded, in tears. "We were attacked by a Gold Saint."

"The Gold Saint?" Shun wondered. "But... why?"

"I don't know." she said. "He showed up like a huge burst of light, and when we realized we were all being attacked on the Island. Our Master tried to fight, tried to protect us, but... nothing could be done. Not even all of us together were a match for that man."

Shun hugged his longtime friend; the people he trained with were tough, but they were also sweet. A result of very hard training, but led by a very kind and fair person. That was Master Albiore. Who could do something like that? And for what reason?, Shun reflected, pushing away June's tears.

"I was one of the few who managed to survive. To get away from that place. But with my Cloth in this state. I don't even know what to do, Shun. So I thought about coming to Master Mu to repair my Cloth and look for those responsible for this massacre."

"A Gold Saint?" Shun asked her again in desbelief.

"Yes. I'll never forget his golden glow. His Gold Cloth." then she paused for a moment when she remembered the most terrible thing. "His crimson red petals."