75. Lovers Of The Twilight

"Say that again" 

Jeongguk whisper-yelled. He was on the verge of breaking down, red face and sharp glare lingering on Taehyung's pouty face. He leaned on the kitchen counter, maintaining the stern expression which scared the daylight out of Taehyung. He strolled towards the man with heavy steps, holding Tannie in his hands, eyes gazing pitifully at the younger. The puppy doesn't care about the tension oozing around him and continued kissing and licking Taehyung's face. Holding his breath in his hands, the blue-haired male cleared his throat to say something. He hates to see this face of Jeongguk- furious and glaring to his soul. 

"I said, say that again!" 

Jeongguk repeated once again. His voice tells how irritated he is from the behavior of the other. Taehyung audibly gulped. He hugged Tannie tightly as a rescue guard and showed his puppy eyes. With a small voice from his throat, Taehyung replied. 

"I'm sorry...

It was me who drank your banana milk and hid the empty carton, but I love you." 

The pouty lips were at the edge of breaking into a loud cry, tears brimming up in his eyes, and walked closer to Jeongguk. He knew what he did was a bail-less offense, but all he could think while drinking was how tasty it was and he couldn't stop himself. Jeongguk will sue him for that, but he will use his last weapon if he needs and that would be bribing the younger in a very illegal way. 

Jeongguk stood stern, leaning on the kitchen island, and stared at him. He then whispered out in his low deep voice. 

"Jeon Taehyung, you do know that what you did deserves punishment, right?" 

There was pin-drop silence, and then Taehyung breathed. The 221 shuddered under the hesitant air around them. Jeongguk walked forward leading Taehyung backward and sat on the couch with Tannie, who jumped out from his lap. He glanced at Jeongguk who leaned over him on the couch, eyes trailing from the top to bottom of the elder, who was lying under him like prey. The smirk plastered on his lips widening at the way Taehyung's eyes became hooded and chest heaving up and down. Their legs entangled and their bodies brushed with each other, as Jeongguk pinned the elder's hand above his head. He leaned on his elbow to not put the whole weight on him. Taehyung tried not to squirm under Jeongguk, his white oversized shirt moved a little, showing the sharp collarbone and the tattoo in the bold letters.

The last cue of Jeongguk was broken and he nuzzled closer to Taehyung, hands circling around his neck and rubbing there. The cold touch of the band on Jeongguk's finger made Taehyung's memory take a long walk to a year, three months and thirteen days ago- when they both first wore the ring, under the lavender altar with big smiles. Euphoria.

He can see that scenery in front of his eyes as Jeongguk kisses his neck and noses at him affectionately, inhaling the natural strawberry scent of Taehyung. Taehyung didn't cry or break down when Jeongguk proposed to him. Not because he wasn't happy, but he knows, even after getting married or before that, Jeongguk will always be his. In the end, they will end up sleeping next to each other under the safe roof of 221, with their little universe. That's what mattered to Taehyung the most.
But then again, the way Jeon Taehyung rolled out from his husband's mouth on the wedding day, Taehyung realized, more than anything in the world, Jeon Taehyung sounds perfect.

While Jeongguk was busy creating love bytes on his neck, Taehyung recalled their wedding day. The purple hydrangeas decorated the hall, fairy lights sparkling like little stars, and their friends teasing and laughing, even crying at the union of their most gross yet cute couple after what felt like decades. He wasn't excited to hear Jeongguk's vow though. God, every heartbeat of the young officer takes his name, tells him that he's the reason for Jeongguk's living. And why do they need promises to cherish their love when each second together is their biggest vow? Nevertheless, his heart skipped a beat when Jeongguk whispered in that illegal Busan Satoori of his, kissing his earlobe in front of the guests out there.